New setup: will it run Crysis on very high?

Peezy_Slice

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Hey just about to put together a new system and was wondering if it will be able to handle crysis at very high. My budget is pretty stretched (from New Zealand so parts are more expensive over here) but so far I'm thinking a i5 750, 4gb ddr3 ram and going for the 5850. I'm probably looking to run it at 1440*900

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Tbh i would be supprised if you were able to run crysis on very high even with your set up,its a well known fact that crysis is not coded very well,but all that said with those resolutions you maybe ok.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
yes, easily.

my rig, in my sig can play maxxed ouy at around 25fps. you have a gpu that about the same, but a much better processor. no i play at 1920x1080, so at your resolution ,you should be well above 30fps.

im also from NZ, i know how annoying it is buying components round here. i feel for ya. bit of advice though, save a ton while the USD is low, and order your 5850 from amazon.com.

they ship internationaly real cheap, so you can save a bundle.

good luck on the build. :)

rider_eragon

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009

I'm running Crysis with a single 4890 (my CPU is the i7 860), and I get an excess of frames with the same resolution with 8x Anti-Aliasing and Very High graphics, except when I'm playing the final level, Reckoning
(although, Reckoning does tend to draw more than any other level, with rain, fire, a constant stream of enemies, etc.)

A 5850 will have no issues running Crysis on Very High with 8x AA, and I'm game enough to say even Reckoning.