Future Set-up

soccerdude90

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
2.8ghz 800 "ht" intel CPU
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
ATI "Sapphire" Radeon 9800Pro 128DDR 256Bit
Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 512MB (2x256mb)
5.1 speakers
Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
80gb hd
52x cd-rom
52x24x52 burner

Any problems at all in this set-up? anything, please tell, i do not want to learn about problems later on...

ALSO!! What would be an appropriate power supply for this system? thanks

...Meh, too lazy to think of a better sig.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by soccerdude90 on 10/13/03 12:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

soccerdude90

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Well maybe not, but neways, will that work fairly well? possibly for some oc'ing? and the power, 350? 500? where should i stand?

...Meh, too lazy to think of a better sig.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The best power supply for your money is the Fortron 350W unit with the 120mm fan on the bottom (actuall it's the top, but on the underside when mounted because power supplies are normally mounted upside down). It produces more power as an Antec 400W.

If you really want to go overkill the Fortron 530W is the way to go.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've never owned an Enermax. The reviews I've read say they put out nearly as many watts as their model numbers would reveal. Fortrons put out more power than their model numbers reveal, and they're reasonably priced as well as super high quality, so I recommend them exclusively (at least until something better and cheaper comes allong).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>