Finding what kind of motherboard is in my PC with XP, SP2

Please help someone. I want to download a program called Motherboard Monitor
but I don't know how to tell what brand motherboard I have. I have searched
in System Information but Im not sure what I am looking for by name. I see
motherboard names I have read about or heard about but don't know whats in my
PC. Thanks all for your help with this NEWBE. I'll learn.JJ
3 answers Last reply
More about finding kind motherboard

    Aida32 or Belarc Advisor can find this info.

    Aida32 ver. 3.93 For 9x/NT/2K/XP. The original — and, in some ways, better
    than its successor.
    http://www.aumha.org/downloads/aida32.zip

    Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit (version 6.1f)

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:F95A54C4-2F6F-4168-A0A6-B9539917050D@microsoft.com,
    JJ <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Please help someone. I want to download a program called Motherboard
    > Monitor but I don't know how to tell what brand motherboard I have. I
    > have searched in System Information but Im not sure what I am looking for
    > by name. I see motherboard names I have read about or heard about but
    > don't know whats in my PC. Thanks all for your help with this NEWBE. I'll
    > learn.JJ

    JJ

    Motherboard Monitor is no longer supported.. try this program instead..

    http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

    It is called SpeedFan.. it does work.. I have it installed..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    JJ wrote:
    > Please help someone. I want to download a program called Motherboard Monitor
    > but I don't know how to tell what brand motherboard I have. I have searched
    > in System Information but Im not sure what I am looking for by name. I see
    > motherboard names I have read about or heard about but don't know whats in my
    > PC. Thanks all for your help with this NEWBE. I'll learn.JJ

    The most obvious places to look would be in the computer's manual or on
    the manufacturer's web site. Failing that:

    1) Start > Run > MSinfo32.exe.

    2) Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information

    3) Start > Run > DXDiag.exe.

    4) Right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager.

    5) If none of the built-in tools provide the information you want, you
    can use these utilities to help determine the answer to your question:

    SiSoft's Sandra
    http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=&location=sware_dl&lang=en

    Belarc Advisor

    Unlimited Possibilities' AIDA32