Barton Compatibility

whytsell

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
Had to clear CMOS. Since then no matter what BIOS I use or how I flash it, the mainboard now only sees the proccessor as "Unknown CPU". I'm stumped. Any ideas?

AMD XP2500 Barton
A7N8X Deluxe
1 Gig PC2700
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro
On Board Sound

sturm

Splendid
Does the computer run ok otherwise?
If so then I wouldnt really worry about.
You may try reseating the cpu or removing the power cord and remove the cmos battery to see if it helps.

whytsell

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
Well, it works OK, but as near as I can tell, it doesn't see the 512k L2. It sees it as 128k. I would think that that could be a problem. Tried the battery trick. Even got an e-mail from Linus Lin at Asus. He had me put the battery in backwards for 30 seconds. Still nothing. It just kills me that it recognized it correctly once before. I think there is a possibility i'm missing a detail in flashing the BIOS. When it first came out, I seem to recall there being a special extra step you had to take.

AMD XP2500 Barton
A7N8X Deluxe
1 Gig PC2700
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro
On Board Sound

endyen

Splendid
When the nvidia boards fist came, out there was a problem with bios failure. As a result many retailers brought in extra bios for the boards. You may be able to get a cheap bios replacement from your local computer shop.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Make sure the bus speed is set correctly in BIOS.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS