I hard booted my computer now nothing responds

well after a hard boot nothing is responding except my desktop comes up and
my resolutions have gone to 640 by 480 . That would be ok if I could open
programs but most say I have to change my resolution settings and go to 256
colors . My colors are at 16. Anyways hardly anything is responding. I can't
go to control panel. I can't system restore. I think I got knocked off the
internet. Web pages say can not be accessed like your off line. Also after I
hard boot or soft boot when that works only half the time or less soft
booting a window comes up saying my resolutions are off. Do you want to
correct them? I pushed ok and I've pushed cancel nothing works. Do I have to
go into bios? I need some help. But, like I said after each boot a window
comes up saying my resolutions are off and press ok to correct them and boot
and you'll be able to change them no problem or something to the no problem.
Well that doesn't work either. I need some help . I know it's something
simple.
Thanks Daniel
--
attilathehun1

Download and install updated drivers for your graphics card from the
manufacturer's website.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"attilathehun1" <attilathehun1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> well after a hard boot nothing is responding except my desktop comes up
> and
> my resolutions have gone to 640 by 480 . That would be ok if I could open
> programs but most say I have to change my resolution settings and go to
> 256
> colors . My colors are at 16. Anyways hardly anything is responding. I
> can't
> go to control panel. I can't system restore. I think I got knocked off the
> internet. Web pages say can not be accessed like your off line. Also after
> hard boot or soft boot when that works only half the time or less soft
> booting a window comes up saying my resolutions are off. Do you want to
> correct them? I pushed ok and I've pushed cancel nothing works. Do I have
> go into bios? I need some help. But, like I said after each boot a window
> comes up saying my resolutions are off and press ok to correct them and
> boot
> and you'll be able to change them no problem or something to the no
> problem.
> Well that doesn't work either. I need some help . I know it's something
> simple.
> Thanks Daniel
> --
> attilathehun1

Attila
after reading all of your posts here I firmly believe you should never ever
open a computers case.
I am quite surprised that you or your system are still alive.
Please......in the future if you have problem with your system......no
matter how slight
let someone else fix it
peterk