files & setting transfer wizzard

I just bought a new computer (Dell Inspiron 6000) w. Windows XP home edition
preloaded, I want to transfer files etc. from my old computer. The old
computer cannot burn cd's, the new cannot read floppies. Since XP came
preloaded on my computer I don't have the windows XP CD and the files &
settings transfer wizzard will not let me select the "burn a wizzard disc"
option, why? I called Dell who claims it is a 3rd party software proplem and
they want to charge to provide help. Can I get windows XP CD from someplace?
Or what can I do, I am getting totally frustrated!
--
MBE
1 answer Last reply

    HOW TO: Use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293118&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Set Up a Direct Cable Connection Between Two Computers in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305621&Product=winxp

    Cables That Are Compatible with Direct Cable Connection
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310576&Product=winxp

    List of Programs Whose Settings Are Migrated When You Use
    the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];304903

    Files and Settings Transfer Wizard
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Majken" wrote:

    | I just bought a new computer (Dell Inspiron 6000) w. Windows XP home edition
    | preloaded, I want to transfer files etc. from my old computer. The old
    | computer cannot burn cd's, the new cannot read floppies. Since XP came
    | preloaded on my computer I don't have the windows XP CD and the files &
    | settings transfer wizzard will not let me select the "burn a wizzard disc"
    | option, why? I called Dell who claims it is a 3rd party software proplem and
    | they want to charge to provide help. Can I get windows XP CD from someplace?
    | Or what can I do, I am getting totally frustrated!
    | --
    | MBE

Computers CD-Rom Windows XP