msworks in windows xp

I recently purchased a computer with windowsxp Home edition. I do not have
microsoftworks of any kind on my computer. Does windows xp not come with it
any more??

The Windows XP operating system does not include the
Microsoft Works software program. You may purchase
the Microsoft Works program at virtually any store that
sells computer software.

Microsoft Works Suite 2005
http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=001

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"lostandconfused" wrote:

| I recently purchased a computer with windowsxp Home edition. I do not have
| microsoftworks of any kind on my computer. Does windows xp not come with it
| any more??

Thanks, I did not know that... are there any similiar programs available on
the net for download? It is not a program I would often use and get my moneys
worth.

lostandconfused wrote:

> I recently purchased a computer with windowsxp Home edition. I do not
> have microsoftworks of any kind on my computer. Does windows xp not
> come with it any more??

"Anymore" isn't the right word. No version of Windows has ever included
Microsoft Works, or any other significant application software. Such
programs have to be bought.

If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows, came with
Works, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled it as part of the
package he sold you, not because that version of Windows came with it. Some,
but not all, vendors do the same with Windows XP.

Please reply to the newsgroup

kaz

Distinguished
May 22, 2001

i bought mine 4 years ago and it was with mine

"lostandconfused" wrote:

> I recently purchased a computer with windowsxp Home edition. I do not have
> microsoftworks of any kind on my computer. Does windows xp not come with it
> any more??

Which part of works did you want?
You may find Open Office of use and it is free.
http://www.openoffice.org/
The newer beta version 2.0 includes a database whereas 1.1.4 does not.
Beta means that the program is still in testing stages.

If you only want the word processing there are many free word processors
out there. I use Jarte b/c it's small and I like having multiple
documents open at once in tabs. Most will be able to read microsoft
formats. So far though I can find no free word processors other than
Open Office that do wrapping of text round graphics.

lostandconfused wrote:
> Thanks, I did not know that... are there any similiar programs available on
> the net for download? It is not a program I would often use and get my moneys
> worth.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>The Windows XP operating system does not include the
>>Microsoft Works software program. You may purchase
>>the Microsoft Works program at virtually any store that
>>sells computer software.
>>
>>Microsoft Works Suite 2005
>>http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=001
>>
>>--
>>Carey Frisch
>>Microsoft MVP
>>Windows XP - Shell/User
>>Microsoft Newsgroups
>>
>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>"lostandconfused" wrote:
>>
>>| I recently purchased a computer with windowsxp Home edition. I do not have
>>| microsoftworks of any kind on my computer. Does windows xp not come with it
>>| any more??

Kaz

It was with yours because the computer vendor had included MS Works in the
software bundle.. surely you knew what you were buying?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

lostandconfused Wrote:
> I recently purchased a computer with windowsxp Home edition. I do not
> have
> microsoftworks of any kind on my computer. Does windows xp not come
> with it
> any more??

I also had Microsoft Works preloaded when I bought my laptop from HP.
Before you buy a computer, you should check to see what kind of
software packages they have preinstalled for you.

--
Evolution54

The key word there is "preloaded". It did not come with XP nor is it, was it ever, or will it ever be a part of XP.

--