I installed a game on the other partition of my hard disk.It was about
500M, and of course that took some space of my partion.When i
uninstalled it,that space is never freed.I mean when i check the
partition's proprties the used space is alot bigger than the files are
there.I cleaned many times with different tools and defragmanted but it
is the same.i checked for hidden files that may take space but none is
there.Any hints to get back my lost space on the drive?

--
alderessy

For disk space,cleaning out recycle bin isnt a solution,im sure youve tried
the obvious.Go to run,type:%Temp% In new window edit,select all,delete
all,close,empty recycle bin.Go to my computer,search,type in the name of
game,in results delete.For more info on xp disk space try going to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us:Q307889&sd=tech

"alderessy" wrote:

> I installed a game on the other partition of my hard disk.It was about
> 500M, and of course that took some space of my partion.When i
> uninstalled it,that space is never freed.I mean when i check the
> partition's proprties the used space is alot bigger than the files are
> there.I cleaned many times with different tools and defragmanted but it
> is the same.i checked for hidden files that may take space but none is
> there.Any hints to get back my lost space on the drive?
>

> --
> alderessy

MadDog

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

Have you emptied the Recycle bin ?? You won't see the freed up space until
you do.

HTH

MD

"alderessy" wrote:

> I installed a game on the other partition of my hard disk.It was about
> 500M, and of course that took some space of my partion.When i
> uninstalled it,that space is never freed.I mean when i check the
> partition's proprties the used space is alot bigger than the files are
> there.I cleaned many times with different tools and defragmanted but it
> is the same.i checked for hidden files that may take space but none is
> there.Any hints to get back my lost space on the drive?
>

> --
> alderessy

If you read the O/P's subsequent post, it most certainly WAS the recycle
bin. The Norton Protected Recycle Bin causes a lot of people to be confused.
Apparently you are in this group.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban