winxp, 80GB HD having partitions (C,D,E,F,G),floppy drive, and CD
Drive,CD-RW Drive.
A friend of mine gave me an IBM 32 MB Memory stick. Inserted it to one
of my USB ports. The pc recognized the new hardware device.Device
manager shows this USB mass storage device and its properties show that
the device is working properly.
Yet windows explorer does not show it under the drives.
Any guidance so that the device gets shown under the drives so that it
could be used?

igno wrote:
> winxp, 80GB HD having partitions (C,D,E,F,G),floppy drive, and CD
> Drive,CD-RW Drive.
> A friend of mine gave me an IBM 32 MB Memory stick. Inserted it to one of
> my USB ports. The pc recognized the new hardware device.Device manager
> shows this USB mass storage device and its properties show that the
> device is working properly.
> Yet windows explorer does not show it under the drives.
> Any guidance so that the device gets shown under the drives so that it
> could be used?

Change your CD drive letters to something at the end of the alphabet is Disk
Manager.
Reboot.
Reinsert USB Thumb drive.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Byte

You have a 80GB harddrive partitioned in C,D,E,F&G? Should use no more
than C,D&E. Change F&G to V&W
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> igno wrote:
>
>>winxp, 80GB HD having partitions (C,D,E,F,G),floppy drive, and CD
>>Drive,CD-RW Drive.
>>A friend of mine gave me an IBM 32 MB Memory stick. Inserted it to one of
>>my USB ports. The pc recognized the new hardware device.Device manager
>>shows this USB mass storage device and its properties show that the
>>device is working properly.
>>Yet windows explorer does not show it under the drives.
>>Any guidance so that the device gets shown under the drives so that it
>>could be used?
>

> Change your CD drive letters to something at the end of the alphabet is Disk
> Manager.
> Reboot.
> Reinsert USB Thumb drive.

My CD drive letters are already H and I.

I checked the J in the TweakUI and then my computer shows the
removable disk.Thanks for your responses.