guangyeu

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2003
I'm having issues with my Albatron PX845PEV:800 motherboard. I have it setup with Musckin PC2700 DDR 512MB RAM, Xelo GeForce 128Mb video, and a Western Digital WD1200JB 120Gb HD.

The problem is that when I try to install Windows XP, it just blows up on me or freezes. I've tried to update the bios but the Driver CD for the mainboard ends up with an "Error Loading OS" when I try to run it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!
Denny

RCPilot

Champion
Go download the driver off the web & see if that does it. I've had those driver CD's cause me problems before. I now make my own & leave the ones that came with the board in the box.

Dazzle them with Brilliance, or Baffle them with BS! :wink:

guangyeu

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2003
Do I need to install the drivers before installing the OS? The reason I ask is because I keep on getting "*.sys is corrupted" error messages when I try to install Windows XP. Note, I am using a Western Digital WD1200JB HD so is it possible that there is some additinal configs that I'm missing? Thanks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It sounds like a memory problem, but it could be a power problem. And power problems can result in memory problems. I suggest you take it to a shop and have it looked at.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>