Using XP with DSL where, when and how can the DNS entries ..

Using XP with DSL where, when and how can the DNS entries be changed from:

1. Obtain DNS server entries automatically

To enter them manual into:

2. Use these DNS server entries

First DNS server
Alternate DNS server

Can I borrow other DNS entries from MSN, IBM, Sprint, etc. ?
How can I find some DNS entries to borrow?

What is your best guess that makes BS DLS work and quit and connect and lose
connection since Katrina?

Thank you!

Contact BellSouth for support assistance.
Your issue may be related to damage caused
by hurricane Katrina as BellSouth has a major
switching station located in downtown New Orleans.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"LsuEdu" wrote:

| Using XP with DSL where, when and how can the DNS entries be changed from:
|
| 1. Obtain DNS server entries automatically
|
| To enter them manual into:
|
| 2. Use these DNS server entries
|
| First DNS server
| Alternate DNS server
|
| Can I borrow other DNS entries from MSN, IBM, Sprint, etc. ?
| How can I find some DNS entries to borrow?
|
| What is your best guess that makes BS DLS work and quit and connect and lose
| connection since Katrina?
|
| Thank you!

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:eFwoRVQsFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
LsuEdu@Bellsouth.net <LsuEdu@Bellsouth.net> had this to say:

> Using XP with DSL where, when and how can the DNS entries be changed
> from:
> 1. Obtain DNS server entries automatically
>
> To enter them manual into:
>
> 2. Use these DNS server entries
>
> First DNS server
> Alternate DNS server
>
> Can I borrow other DNS entries from MSN, IBM, Sprint, etc. ?
> How can I find some DNS entries to borrow?
>
> What is your best guess that makes BS DLS work and quit and connect
> and lose connection since Katrina?
>
> Thank you!

Open the network connections applet from the control panel, right click >
properties on your connection > highlight TCP/IP > click properties > first
tab at the bottom is DNS entries. See my other post for the public DNS
servers of click this link:

http://www.artboy.org/2005/18/alternate-dns-servers

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Thanks for the intelligent answer. It all works perfect now. The BS DNS
servers having been choking up for years.

> In news:eFwoRVQsFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> LsuEdu@Bellsouth.net <LsuEdu@Bellsouth.net> had this to say:

>> Using XP with DSL where, when and how can the DNS entries be changed
>> from:
>> 1. Obtain DNS server entries automatically
>>
>> To enter them manual into:
>>
>> 2. Use these DNS server entries
>>
>> First DNS server
>> Alternate DNS server
>>
>> Can I borrow other DNS entries from MSN, IBM, Sprint, etc. ?
>> How can I find some DNS entries to borrow?
>>
>> What is your best guess that makes BS DLS work and quit and connect
>> and lose connection since Katrina?
>>
>> Thank you!
>
> Open the network connections applet from the control panel, right click >
> properties on your connection > highlight TCP/IP > click properties >
> first tab at the bottom is DNS entries. See my other post for the public
> DNS servers of click this link:
>
> http://www.artboy.org/2005/18/alternate-dns-servers
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
> trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Galen fixed it.