mark

I'm just going to fool around with some of my characters this weekend, then
I'll be starting fresh on the new ladder come Monday. Even though I now have
more 'wealth' than I ever had before in this game. If anyone wants anything,
let me know and I'd be glad to let you look over my mules. Is there anyone
here who plays nonladder HC? Cause I'd be glad to let you have it all come
Monday. Anything particular you're looking for as far as runewords or
upgraded items, let me know before Monday and I'll get them ready for you.

What are the plans of the other HC West players; Ruben? Orion? Misfit?
Anyone else I'm forgetting on only one cup of coffee?

I think my plan will be to start a Chanter first. I should be able to get
her through Normal and Baal her up to the mid 40's pretty quickly. So even
if she isn't fully developed, she'll help me blast any succeeding characters
through Normal quickly. I'll probably also have another Sorc leech the
quests along as she goes on my second computer. This will be my primary MFer
who will then be able to level up and sprint into NM quickly. Get to NM
Mephy, then farm him till the mid/late 60's. On to A5, farm the easy 3 and
Baal till the mid 70's. Then hopefully I'll have enough gear to do the same
in Hell. If you want I could put the initial Chanter on a shared account, so
everyone would have access to her till we all get back on out feet.

So what are the plans of the other HC Westies?

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

1. A Javazon again, but after having already attained Guardian in
recent ladder no obsessiveness about Guardianship. It happens when it
happen.
2. Cold Sorc for running NM areas and certain early areas in Hell. No
goal for guardian.
3. Another rendition of SamKinison who is very pissed about being
ripped out of ladder AGAIN! OH! OH! OH!
4. A chanter slave with Blizz for non-slave duties after chant is fully
developed. But perhaps I'll wait till *your* chanter is up on the
chared account so I can use her to move mine along. I will again make
mine available for Kasmir. If redundancy proves that the chanter is not
need then I'll deep six the idea.
5. A war Cry slave in my/kasmir's account. Only maxed BCmd, Shout and
BO.
6. Perhaps others I'll add later. I gotta go.

Orion Ryder

Bongo,

I need to make one of the needed characters for a Tristram run. You are
gonna have to be the general on that one. I think the first thing to do
is make your team (army) up as to what is needed and why. I hear a sorc
is useless there.

What I have sen from reading battles. A zealdin is good which means he
would have to hacve max synergy in Sacrifice.

Salvation is a defintie against uber-mepf, which leaves out the use of
conviction unless there r more than one pally

If I had to I'd say three pallys and others:

1) Medic with Salvation (Medic would need a bevie of Purps to heal
himself)
2) Zealadin with Conviction, then maybe an Elementalist can come along,
preferably a javazon because of the valk and she got such a kick ass
build and long shapely legs
3) Hammerdin with Concentraion, the aura will help everyone
4) Oak Sage, but not sure of type of Druid
5) BO Barb with other cries for minion crowd control (if they work) and
big ass weapon if resists are good or frenzy with two good weapons -
speed baby, speed
6) a Boner (with decrep/amp esp decrep)
7) Blade Fury 'Sin, cuz she would not have to get too close (with loads
of Crushing Blow for the Howitzer effect - I have seen Jabber's machine
gun take out uber D in a flash with that build in 1.10) plusthe added
Shadow Warrior helps
8) varies possibly some elemenatalist (see javazon in #2 above)

Comment and modify. You know a lot. You have taught me well sensai.

Orion Ryder

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm just going to fool around with some of my characters this weekend,
> then I'll be starting fresh on the new ladder come Monday. Even though I
> now have more 'wealth' than I ever had before in this game. If anyone
> wants anything, let me know and I'd be glad to let you look over my mules.
> Is there anyone here who plays nonladder HC? Cause I'd be glad to let you
> have it all come Monday. Anything particular you're looking for as far as
> runewords or upgraded items, let me know before Monday and I'll get them
> ready for you.
>
> What are the plans of the other HC West players; Ruben? Orion? Misfit?
> Anyone else I'm forgetting on only one cup of coffee?
>
> I think my plan will be to start a Chanter first. I should be able to get
> her through Normal and Baal her up to the mid 40's pretty quickly. So even
> if she isn't fully developed, she'll help me blast any succeeding
> characters through Normal quickly. I'll probably also have another Sorc
> leech the quests along as she goes on my second computer. This will be my
> primary MFer who will then be able to level up and sprint into NM quickly.
> Get to NM Mephy, then farm him till the mid/late 60's. On to A5, farm the
> easy 3 and Baal till the mid 70's. Then hopefully I'll have enough gear to
> do the same in Hell. If you want I could put the initial Chanter on a
> shared account, so everyone would have access to her till we all get back
> on out feet.
>
> So what are the plans of the other HC Westies?
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

I have no plans, as usual, I'll just fumble along in somewhat of a fog! :)

This summer has been sort of hyperactive, both here at work, and on the home
front. I'll probably delete some low level HC guys, and re-use the same
accounts to create new ladder HC char's. Probably a chanter, BO slave, and
a couple of others yet to be determined to use for cannon fodder :)

I'd "like" to say that I'm interested in the new trio, but in truth, I'm
not. Not practical in hardcore (hardcore doesn't NEED things to be tougher,
hell is plenty tough enough, thank you very much!), and I just can't get
fired up about softcore play. Maybe I'm truly burned out on Diablo, and
need to take up checkers or something :)

"IF" the reset happens, I'll play as much as time and energy will permit, if
it will help the group. If nothing else, I can fill games :)

Ruben

Sounds good.

Is there any way we can try this in SC first? Maybe with existing
soon-to-be nonNL characters?

Questions

How will the LF work with the minions being LI? Is the smiter running
conviction? What about uber mepf?

I heard tales of the potential Smiter Uber killer. Hope they are true.

And I agree that other chars get the keys. The uber killers are made
killing ubers and no point in wasting them trying to get keys

After seeing Jabbers LF CB sin wipe out the Dclone at players 4 in
about 10 seconds I gave creedence to the idea that the LF sin could
take out uber mepf by virtue of a combo of Salvation from a pally and
Fade. She would stand tall against the conviction. Let me know if this
could truly be.

And how close are the 3 in relation to one another? Are they spread
out? I relish the idea of a trip in SC either NL or L even in a pubby
game just for the sake of seeing the battle layout.

We can make it happen. I believe it.

Orion Ryder

mark

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in message

> I'm interested in this new Uber Tristram and don't think it's very
> feasible in HC so.....

From what I'm hearing, it's quite do-able, even in HC. We would need
specific built characters, some to farm keys/body parts, and others to kill
the 3 Ubers. And a solid plan and tight teamwork. But on the new ladder,
that's several months away.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

mark

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Maybe I'm truly burned out on Diablo, and need to take up checkers or
> something :)

Oh pshaw. Just because you're one of the older ones here doesn't mean you're
ready for the old folks home just yet.
;-)

> "IF" the reset happens, I'll play as much as time and energy will permit,
> if it will help the group. If nothing else, I can fill games :)

As always, I'd love to share a game with you, as much or as little as you
care to play. Maybe hold off on a Chanter right away, I think I start one on
the AGDHC account so we can all use her to get started. That way we'll be
able to concentrate on fun play characters instead of 'utility' characters.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

mark

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

I will clean out my present nonladder accounts (yes, I'm a packrat and don't
like to throw anything out) and use them for the new ladder. So look for me
on:
*Bongo-Fury and Bongo-Fury1

Also, I will look over the *AGDHC account, save anything of value, and
delete all the mules in preparation for the new ladder. I'll make the new
Chanter there so we can all use her till we get better established. So I
guess I should change the PW as well to make it a little more secure, seeing
as some dummy revealed it on the forum (name with held to protect the absent
minded).

No word yet on what time Monday the reset will take place. But I'll make a
point to get out of work promptly, and should be on by 5:00 EDST (22:00
B-net). See y'all in agdhc//agd. Or if no one else is around I may start in
an AB game, but whisper me when you get on and I'll jump to AGD.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

> "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Maybe I'm truly burned out on Diablo, and need to take up checkers or
>> something :)
>
> Oh pshaw. Just because you're one of the older ones here doesn't mean
> you're ready for the old folks home just yet.
> ;-)

Oh Darn! I guess that means that I need to send my custom made, leather
wrapped with gold inlay shuffleboard stick back then? LOL

>> "IF" the reset happens, I'll play as much as time and energy will permit,
>> if it will help the group. If nothing else, I can fill games :)
>
> As always, I'd love to share a game with you, as much or as little as you
> care to play. Maybe hold off on a Chanter right away, I think I start one
> on the AGDHC account so we can all use her to get started. That way we'll
> be able to concentrate on fun play characters instead of 'utility'
> characters.
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

You never know, I'm liable to show up when least expected :)

As always, you make a generous offer. I "may" take you up on it, although I
seem to have a bit of a stubborn streak that prompts me to do things the
hard way LOL

Ruben

mark

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Comment and modify. You know a lot. You have taught me well sensai.

The more I read about the Uber Tristram, the more I'm convinced we can do
it. I haven't even found one key, so all my information is word of mouth.
But here's my plan:

I think the team should be as small as possible. The more players the
tougher the monsters will be. So the fewer we have the quicker the Evil
Triad will fall. And really, the ranks of AGD HC West players is rather
small.

Team Members:
CB Smiter Pally
LF/CS Zon
Summon Necro

The Pally is the designated boss killer, the other two are for support,
mainly to kill off the minions and allow the Pally to do his job. The Necro
has a high DV to blind everything on entry and allow us to assess the
situation and get into position. The Zon spams LF to kill off the minions.
The Necro minions also occupy the minions, while the Necro himself make
judicious use of his curses. The Pally moves in and kills the three
brothers. Probably use a prebuff of BO/Shout/BC, and maybe Chant, who leave
the game before the action starts.

You could always add a fourth player. Maybe a Sorc to help with crowd
control and to teleport around to break up the bosses. Or maybe a Singer
Barb for BO/S/BC and for crowd control with Howl and War Cry.

We'll need some high end gear to make it work. And probably some different
characters to farm keys and body parts efficiently. But I'm confident in a
couple months we can regale AGD with the story of our cleansing of Uber
Tristram.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Orion Ryder held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
1123287759.816682.10850@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com to this Interweb
chatroom:

> Sounds good.
>

> After seeing Jabbers LF CB sin wipe out the Dclone at players 4 in
> about 10 seconds I gave creedence to the idea that the LF sin could
> take out uber mepf by virtue of a combo of Salvation from a pally and
> Fade. She would stand tall against the conviction. Let me know if this
> could truly be.

Well, it's difficult to say. When you first get to Tristram, the brothers
don't come out at first, and we all went running around looking for them.
This led to way to many minions, and the 'sin didn't really have a hope,
what with 3 types of Phys Immune minions. And my furysin did have
significant help from an IK Barb, a necro of some description, your medic
and one other character...

> And how close are the 3 in relation to one another? Are they spread
> out? I relish the idea of a trip in SC either NL or L even in a pubby
> game just for the sake of seeing the battle layout.

If you play smart and stay in one small area auntil one brother is gone, it
should be doable. Make that one area A VERY LONG WAY FROM THE PORTAL.

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.