Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP OJ d145xi Scanner Failure Turn power off then on again

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
a b α HP
October 19, 2004 11:44:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

My Hewlett Packard Office Jet d145xi all in one printer/scanner/fax
was intermittently warning "Scanner Failure Turn power off then on
again" for a month or two, whereupon I would power down and up the HP
OJ d145 printer and all would be well.

Now, that warning "Scanner Failure Turn power off then on again"
constantly displays. It doesn't seem to affect printing - but it won't
scan.

Someone said to "clean the mirrors".

What mirrors?
Is there a common cause of this (the printer is almost new).

Where is Bob when you need him :) 
Anonymous
a b α HP
October 20, 2004 11:38:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Linda Donovan" <linda1582001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9b5f3f18.0410191844.749302c1@posting.google.com...
> My Hewlett Packard Office Jet d145xi [snip]
> Now, that warning "Scanner Failure Turn power off then on again"
> constantly displays. It doesn't seem to affect printing - but it won't
> scan.
> Is there a common cause of this (the printer is almost new).
>
> Where is Bob when you need him :) 

I do not know much about the D series all-in-one printers, but you should
contact HP at 1-800-HPINVENt if the unit is still under warranty. If you are
outside the US look for the "contact HP" link from http://www.hp.com.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP
October 20, 2004 10:25:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

In article <9b5f3f18.0410191844.749302c1@posting.google.com>,
linda1582001@yahoo.com (Linda Donovan) wrote:

> My Hewlett Packard Office Jet d145xi all in one printer/scanner/fax
> was intermittently warning "Scanner Failure Turn power off then on
> again" for a month or two, whereupon I would power down and up the HP
> OJ d145 printer and all would be well.
>
> Now, that warning "Scanner Failure Turn power off then on again"
> constantly displays. It doesn't seem to affect printing - but it won't
> scan.
>
> Someone said to "clean the mirrors".
>
> What mirrors?
> Is there a common cause of this (the printer is almost new).
>
> Where is Bob when you need him :) 

As the printer is almost new you should be dealing with this as a
warranty claim.
!