Xbox live connection drops and cant find severs

brandzalot

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
just recently i got my xbox and i plugged the cord for the live into the internet box and into the xbox and i can connect to xbox live but when i goto search for games on call of duty 6 it searches and it says 0/50 good games and after a little bit it freezes and disconnects off xbox live and i have to reconnect
[usally i have to wait awhile before i reconnect to xbox live i think my whole internet drops when i disconnect from xbox live]
also i have never found a player or game when searching it just searches and then drops. Once this happened and i tried the internet on my computer straight after and it did not work.
i do not have a static ip and on my xbox live settings i let it automatically find my ip i tried manually with a static ip but it did not work =(

PLEASE HELP ME

erok3019

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
I'm having the exact same problem. I get disconnected when trying to search for a game, whether it's Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3. The only way that I've been able to play online is if I join a party and have one of my friends invite me to a game. I don't get disconnected as long as I stay in a party. Also, I don't experience any lag when I am playing. Netflix and other Xbox Live programs run fine, except for games.

My NAT setting was open but I tried port forwarding anyway. No such luck. Tech support keeps thinking I get disconnected when I try to join a party. I haven't tried directly connecting my Xbox to my modem yet.

joeyd93

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
uhm if you have wireless connection i might know the problem, i had it to.

it could be that some steel has got magnetic field blocking your internet, if its near your wireless connector : remove it. so check it if you want, really helped to me