ET

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I have Windows XP Professional, and find that every time I try to access a
folder in windows explorer, it takes a very long time, sometimes as long as
five minutes, for it to display the folder, and these aren't large, some of
them with maybe 4-5 files. I didn't have this problem with Windows 2K is
there anything I can do to make this go faster?

You might want to check for Malware on your system. Use all of these
free sites

http://www.download.com/Bazooka-Adware-and-Spyware-Scanner/3640-8022_4-10377953.html?sb=1&v=0

http://www.webroot.com/

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

et Wrote:
> I have Windows XP Professional, and find that every time I try to access
> folder in windows explorer, it takes a very long time, sometimes as
> long as
> five minutes, for it to display the folder, and these aren't large,
> some of
> them with maybe 4-5 files. I didn't have this problem with Windows 2K
> is
> there anything I can do to make this go faster?

The first you computer's memory enough? Circulate XP_Pro minimal demand
256M memory.
second, Check once whether have too many procedures to start with the
system,open regedit, Find out :

The third, whether infect spyware??

Expel a hardware problem!!

I commend "Security expert" for you, It can resolve a safe problem of
great majority.
You can take a look its website or download try out it !!

Website: http://securityexpert.cnns.net

Download try out:
http://securityexpert.cnns.net/download/securityexpert.exe

--
v.k

"et" wrote:
>I have Windows XP Professional, and find that every time I try to
>access a
>folder in windows explorer, it takes a very long time, sometimes as
>long as
>five minutes, for it to display the folder, and these aren’t
>large, some of
>them with maybe 4-5 files. I didn’t have this problem with
>Windows 2K is
>there anything I can do to make this go faster?

It maybe due to insufficient memory. You could also run the disk
defragmenter and see if it helps.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-slow-ftopict417640.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1394648