Tasbar properties - Hide inactive icons

September 5, 2005 6:33:34 PM

Hello, All!

When I customize the icons to hide under this taskbar property setting, I
find a bunch of "Past Items" which I would like to delete from the list. How
does one do this?

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:08:34 PM

here you go,
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

"Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Hello, All!
>
> When I customize the icons to hide under this taskbar property setting, I
> find a bunch of "Past Items" which I would like to delete from the list.
> How does one do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 7:32:31 PM

How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

For an automated edit, go here...

Read the instructions at the top.
Scroll down to and click on...
53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:upw96ClsFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Colonel Blip <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello, All!
>
> When I customize the icons to hide under this taskbar property setting, I
> find a bunch of "Past Items" which I would like to delete from the list.
> How does one do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com
September 5, 2005 8:49:02 PM

"Colonel Blip" wrote:

> Hello, All!
>
> When I customize the icons to hide under this taskbar property setting, I
> find a bunch of "Past Items" which I would like to delete from the list. How
> does one do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Colonel Blip.
> E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 10:45:28 PM

Hello, Wesley!
You wrote on Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:32:31 -0600:

Thanks to you and lvee for the quick answer. fixed the problem.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

WV> How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
WV> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

WV> For an automated edit, go here...
WV> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

WV> Read the instructions at the top.
WV> Scroll down to and click on...
WV> 53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 11:58:19 AM

Keep having, Colonel. :-)

--