Tasbar properties - Hide inactive icons

Hello, All!

When I customize the icons to hide under this taskbar property setting, I
find a bunch of "Past Items" which I would like to delete from the list. How
does one do this?

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com
5 answers Last reply
More about tasbar properties hide inactive icons

    here you go,
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

    "Colonel Blip" <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, All!
    >
    > When I customize the icons to hide under this taskbar property setting, I
    > find a bunch of "Past Items" which I would like to delete from the list.
    > How does one do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colonel Blip.
    > E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

    How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

    For an automated edit, go here...

    Read the instructions at the top.
    Scroll down to and click on...
    53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:upw96ClsFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Colonel Blip <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> hunted and pecked:

    "Colonel Blip" wrote:

    > Hello, All!
    >
    > When I customize the icons to hide under this taskbar property setting, I
    > find a bunch of "Past Items" which I would like to delete from the list. How
    > does one do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colonel Blip.
    > E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

    Hello, Wesley!
    You wrote on Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:32:31 -0600:

    Thanks to you and lvee for the quick answer. fixed the problem.

    Colonel Blip.
    E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com

    WV> How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
    WV> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

    WV> For an automated edit, go here...
    WV> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    WV> Read the instructions at the top.
    WV> Scroll down to and click on...
    WV> 53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area

    Keep having, Colonel. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23lPcsPnsFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Colonel Blip <colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello, Wesley!
    > You wrote on Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:32:31 -0600:
    >
    > Thanks to you and lvee for the quick answer. fixed the problem.
    >
    > Colonel Blip.
    > E-mail: colonelblip.no.spam.please@bigfoot.com
    >
    >> How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084
    >
    >> For an automated edit, go here...
    >
    >> Read the instructions at the top.
    >> Scroll down to and click on...
    >> 53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area

Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP