HELP XP only boots from cd????

Hi new on here and hoping somone with a little more experience can help
me. I'm having this problem with windows xp pro fresh install onto sata
HD. Pressed F6 and installed sata drivers for the mobo etc. Now i hasten
to add that i have tried this 3 times now, set up runs smoothly windows
installs however when i have finished windows will only boot up with
the CD in the CDROM. Been into Bios and changed boot sequence but still
if no CD it just gets to boot from cd in the boot up screen and stops,
put the disk in and windows boots straight up and away we go....
:confused:

It gets worse tried putting the boot sequence in manually from pages of
info i got from the net. Obviously thinking that the boot files were
missing but still no joy.

Please, please, please can someone shed some light on the matter...

--
spangled

Hi,

Boot with the CD and load the Recovery Console by hitting 'r' at the first
prompt. From the prompt, run fixboot C:

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/