Need help with ping rates

Being new to this whole wireless network thing, I am wondering if the
crazy ping spikes I have been having are due to the increase in traffic
on Bnet, or possibly to my new linksys system.

I'm getting spikes from the 70s up to 3000 and its made playing pretty
challenging.

TIA

Sean
2 answers Last reply
More about need ping rates

    "unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Being new to this whole wireless network thing, I am wondering if the
    > crazy ping spikes I have been having are due to the increase in traffic
    > on Bnet, or possibly to my new linksys system.
    >
    > I'm getting spikes from the 70s up to 3000 and its made playing pretty
    > challenging.
    >
    > TIA

    Sounds like you have high latency issues. This is common for wireless
    networks. You may need to have an access point nearer to you, or a repeater
    installed.

    Mickey

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Mickey"
    <mickeySPAMb@SPAMcomcastSPAM.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
    flopped and said:

    >> I'm getting spikes from the 70s up to 3000 and its made playing pretty
    >> challenging.

    >Sounds like you have high latency issues. This is common for wireless
    >networks. You may need to have an access point nearer to you, or a repeater
    >installed.

    That could well be it, although battle.net has been having a lot of issues
    with lag spikes in recent times, in general (or at least USWest has).

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

Wireless Network Video Games