Samsung i600, comments?

Please excuse mine English and behold that it is certainly my second
language.

Lo, let it be known, I am a Verizon subscriber using a T720. I am looking
for a phone that will let me check my email... but here's the snake's
tongue:

- I don't want to use a Verizon email service. I want to check my own
mail server via POP3.
- I don't need to send email, just read it.
- When the message is downloaded, I want to leave it on the server so
that it can be "really" downloaded later via a real computer.
- If the email message contains an attachment then, I tell you the
truth, I don't want to download it. I'm only looking for the text portion.

Will the Samsung SCH-I600 allow me to do this? Like the proverbial man
with no teeth, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I, yes, even
I, have done the Google of the thing and have seen posters report the follow
snake's tongues:

- no ring notification though the headset
- callerID problems, won't show callers name for 5-6 rings
- clock is wrong, won't sync over the air like other phones
- signal/reception is bad
- volume is too low

Any phone recommendations for a balding man such as myself? Thanks, and
have a beautiful day, ok? I am ending my post now and therefore will press
Send.

the i600 can do what you want but it's not for the faint of heart. It takes
some work to get it working "properly" Also, the phone will not
automatically fetch email, you have to do it manually.

I use IMAP over POP because I can and I do authenticated send and receive.
It works great once you get it to work.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

"Nick Stokes, CSI" <grady@sanford.son> wrote in message
> Please excuse mine English and behold that it is certainly my second
> language.
>
> Lo, let it be known, I am a Verizon subscriber using a T720. I am looking
> for a phone that will let me check my email... but here's the snake's
> tongue:
>
> - I don't want to use a Verizon email service. I want to check my own
> mail server via POP3.
> - I don't need to send email, just read it.
> - When the message is downloaded, I want to leave it on the server so
> that it can be "really" downloaded later via a real computer.
> - If the email message contains an attachment then, I tell you the
> truth, I don't want to download it. I'm only looking for the text portion.
>
> Will the Samsung SCH-I600 allow me to do this? Like the proverbial man
> with no teeth, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I, yes, even
> I, have done the Google of the thing and have seen posters report the
follow
> snake's tongues:
>
> - no ring notification though the headset
> - callerID problems, won't show callers name for 5-6 rings
> - clock is wrong, won't sync over the air like other phones
> - signal/reception is bad
> - volume is too low
>
> Any phone recommendations for a balding man such as myself? Thanks,
and
> have a beautiful day, ok? I am ending my post now and therefore will press
> Send.

Your English is very good!

David R. Goyer

--
All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.