Change computer and workgroup name in registry?

JimmyJam

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

Is there a location in the registry where I can change the computer and
workgroup names?

I havent been successful using Mobile Net Switch and others to accomplish
this -- and I need to be able to do it.

Thanks

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:20:23 GMT, JimmyJam wrote:

> Is there a location in the registry where I can change the computer and
> workgroup names?
>
> I havent been successful using Mobile Net Switch and others to accomplish
> this -- and I need to be able to do it.
>
> Thanks

System Properties> Computer Name. Click the "Change" button and use screen
that appears to change computer name and/or workgroup name. Click OK.
Restart when prompted.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

JimmyJam

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2005

Sharon,

I have that routine down pat, but I was trying to automate things.
Supposedly, Mobile Net Switch can change users and domains and a script can
run to change the workgroup -- all without rebooting. I havent gotten them
to work yet. So i thought a reg hack might work. No?

Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in