Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Best gaming keyboard?

Last response: in Video Games
December 27, 2009 3:58:27 AM

Hey there! I play a lot of FPS but i also play a lot of RPGs so i need some macros on the keyboard. I need backlighting and media controls would be nice too. There are a couple i have looked at already: the Saitek Cyborg wasnt compatible with my Windows 7, and I can't seem to find anywhere to buy the Razer Tarantula, which i dont think is Windows 7 compatible either. So, obviously, i also need one with Windows 7 compatibility. I am willing to spend at the most $100, but if it is just a little bit more, i may be able to stretch. can you help me? Thanks.

More about : gaming keyboard

December 27, 2009 4:32:07 AM

both mentioned are windows compatible.
they are keyboards, i dont know of any modern keyboards that arent compatible with w7.

but i use, and highly recomend, the sidewinder x6. plenty of macros, without being too bulky. moveable numpad/macropad and shallw keys. my personal favourite keyboard.
Score
December 27, 2009 5:09:14 AM

Well, i really like the Cyborg, but I plug it in, run the driver, and the driver doesnt detect the keyboard no matter what i do. I tried everything, and nothing will work, so i just assume it is because of windows 7. If someone has Windows 7 and a Cyborg keyboard, please help me!
Score
Related resources
February 26, 2010 3:12:28 PM

lordofcattown said:
Hey there! I play a lot of FPS but i also play a lot of RPGs so i need some macros on the keyboard. I need backlighting and media controls would be nice too. There are a couple i have looked at already: the Saitek Cyborg wasnt compatible with my Windows 7, and I can't seem to find anywhere to buy the Razer Tarantula, which i dont think is Windows 7 compatible either. So, obviously, i also need one with Windows 7 compatibility. I am willing to spend at the most $100, but if it is just a little bit more, i may be able to stretch. can you help me? Thanks.

I would say the alienware tactx,i know its over priced and comes from a company with no perphial experiance but if you hate flat keys and want good back lighting(20 colors) the alienware tactx is best up with the g15
Score
February 26, 2010 3:32:20 PM

You would be much better off getting gamepad. look in my sig i have the n52, many of my friends also have it, for gaming its great, multiple profiles, program any key to what you want.
its like a chunk of your keyboard that your hand fits around perfectly/
Score
February 26, 2010 4:56:15 PM

Post screamed at me "Razer Lycosa" you can totally customize the keys for macros, media controls, and did I mention it looks pretty sweet too?
Best of all its around 70, not 100+

N52te never seemed to really fit my hand right, and it just took up space on the desk D:

Edit: its $80
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/prod...
Score
February 26, 2010 5:23:58 PM

I use a G15 (second gen) and I love it. It was a close contest between the Sidewinder X6 and the G15, and in the end the lcd on the logitech sealed the deal for me. I find it very useful to monitor temps and CPU using RivaTuner, monitor FRAPS etc.

Previously I had a Saitek Eclipse (no macro keys on it), and while the key feedback on the Eclipse was superior to that of the g15, the logitech is better in every other way.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
February 27, 2010 10:38:14 AM

I have a G15 and wil never make this mistake again, you can only load profiles for game that support their kind of software, seems it 2would have easy to assign key action,or multiple ones, but no you have download the setups that are available for each game and only if the game supports what they are doing, I play lots of games that there is no profile for, am going to check out these other boarsds and see if they are better, thanks for the hope that somebody was thinking when they designed the operation of the memory keys
Score
April 29, 2010 9:50:50 PM

The Logitech G110 is a reasonable gaming keyboard for those who don't need the LCD of the G19. With programmable keys, color backlighting, and USB headset emulation, you get a functional gaming keyboard for the money.

As there are plently of reviews about this keyboard's features and strong points, I felt inclined to tell you about the out-of-the-box impression and negative points as well:

I got the G110 to replace my Saitek Eclipse II gaming keyboard, and was very surprised to find that the G110 was not as good - my expectations were set high especially as Logitech products usually get very good reviews.

My initial out-of-the-box impression was that the G110 looked cheap and plasticy in comparison to gaming keyboards around the same price bracket.

The G110 is not very solid to hold or type on; I'm not sure it will last me very long knowing that this keyboard will get a lot of hard use during my game playing. It's not that heavy either; so it moves about when I'm typing if the surface is slightly uneven as my desk is.

The G110 keys are compact and close to each together; it feels cramped and I'm mis-typing a lot as I type this review. I'll probably get used to it.

The G110 key backlighting is not really bright enough; unless you pick a very bright colour like red or your room is very dark.

The G110 keyboard tilt feet are not long enough to raise the back of the keyboard to make much difference to the angle; it feels flat even with the feet down.

The G110 Windows-key disable switch is useful to have but it's very stiff to move; to the point that the effort needed to move the switch makes the keyboard move as well.

I'm sure I'll get used to the G110 eventually, but unlike my recent purchase of the excellent and very impressive Roccat Kone mouse, I'm dissappointed to say that the G110 is not in the same league.
Score
April 30, 2010 2:46:18 AM

I reccomend a keyboard that is Very Soft to press, lightweight
Score
October 20, 2010 5:27:10 AM

i suggest the razer lycosa. it's backlit, you can assign macros to any key (very handy) not to mention it's only 80 dollars. actually, this week on newegg there's 15% off on all razer peripherals with the promo code EMCZYZX92. i definitely suggest you check it out.

*edit* on newegg the base price is actually 70 dollars, so with the 10% off you'll only be paying 65$ or so (shipping to my place is 10 dollars :(  so it's 75 for me)
Score
October 21, 2010 4:36:23 PM

sidewinderdt said:
I use a G15 (second gen) and I love it. It was a close contest between the Sidewinder X6 and the G15, and in the end the lcd on the logitech sealed the deal for me. I find it very useful to monitor temps and CPU using RivaTuner, monitor FRAPS etc.

Previously I had a Saitek Eclipse (no macro keys on it), and while the key feedback on the Eclipse was superior to that of the g15, the logitech is better in every other way.

Scarily youve followed exactly the same keyboard upgrade sequence as I have, and came to the same conclusions. Love the LCD for realtime diagnosis whilst gaming...
Score
a b $ Windows 7
October 21, 2010 5:37:50 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!