Ping Bongo: Very Important! Re: Ladder Reset

Last response: in Video Games
August 5, 2005 9:56:13 AM

Hey there Bongo,

I read your other post about your weekend plans. Don't mean to throw a
wrench in here but I have a request, contingent upon what my wife
decides she would like to do.

When I departed for work I left her note informing her about the reset.

I am going to be askign her if she would like to get her Zon through to
Gaurdian before the reset. She might just say the hell with it and wait
till the new reset.

However I think it is possible when I explain to her how easily it can
be done that she might indeed desire that accomplishment. I have gear
from my dead zon that will give her +10 to jav skills and almost max
resists. I only wish that I was also able to loot the Duress for her
when my Zon died. Now I also wish I kept that 3 socket Archon Plate I
found last nite - the one I left behind becasue I was not satisfied
with making another Duress with a 412 defense armor - I wanted a 440,
or near that.

I have to work Sat and Sun daytime but of course that does not prevent
anyone else from moving her along. Maybe she can join some AB games
with someone and it will be considered my account and she is playing
it. I made the pally to play with her but I can always use another char
depending on where she gets to if she decides to do it.

A barb in the game would be nice but I take it your second PC is still
shot. I do have MrSamKinison in act 2 Hell and perhaps he can borrow
the IK gear, that is if the math works out. I have to look and see if
it pssible to equip it all, maybe with some hel runes and jewels of
freedom or whatever they are called. If the math does not work I'll
just pop one of my Gimmers onto him. That is far superior to what he
now has.

If she decides to make a go at it and gets nailed along the way, no big
thing. But I think there is a good chance that we can get through with
her. The Boner is powerful indeed and I think even the Wolf is a tough
one.

I'll email you and post here after I talk to her. I am sure that by Sun
eve we canmake a Guardian out of Taz. Hell, if Kasmir is around in the
latter part of Sunday he can join us in Hell also.

Let me know if thise sounds good at your end, if it is a go for my
wife.

Of course anyone else in HC can jump in put my wife on the bandwagon.
Especially you Misfit, if you are reading this. I amsure you have
another skelly guy in Hell.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:01:06 PM

Hello Bongo me buddy,

In SC I have been part of a group that played through (rushed) from Act
2 Hell to Baal in under three hours. I would get a call from Tae to
join a hell game and while perusing through act 1 including the Pit,
others would join and within a half hour we'd have a full game and run
through the maggots,vipers,arcane,Duriel, rush through Act 3, do act 4
and act 5 and finish up just in time for me to put the kids to bed.

Of course there was a level 93 in that game, fully packed, as only Tae
could be.

If you r tied up in the trails, probably can't do. I'll ask her if she
would like a rush through NM tonite, but she has not been feelign the
greatest this week and will probably just wait until the new ladder.

I'll let you know.

Looking forward to whatever gets done.

Orion Ryder
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 9:31:59 PM

Yeah you got her visualized. She barely liked the idea about playing MP
given the havoc all the movement on the screen plays with her optics. I
think a summoning necro would have her screaming and running away from
the PC. I remeber the adjustment I had to make to MP and even had to
make in a couple early games where I was being rushed. Now I know more
of the ropes. Then I was like "huh?".

She'll probably keep the NL zon and make a new one for the new ladder.
At least her NL will be semi-super equiped since I'm not gonna bother
making another and pass along the +10 jav skill items to her. As time
passes we'll find her some gear. I'll probably share some with her too
if I get one up and running.

She also has two ladder SC who will now become ladder SC rejects. She
might want to play them somewhere along the way when she feels like a
leisure game.

Orion Ryder
Related resources
August 5, 2005 9:54:47 PM

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am going to be askign her if she would like to get her Zon through to
> Gaurdian before the reset. She might just say the hell with it and wait
> till the new reset.

Playing through NM and Hell in a weekend? That's an ambitious task. I
suggest you stop off on your way home from work tonight and buy a fresh roll
of duct tape, so it can babysit Nik and Tyler while you and Taz are playing.
;-)

> However I think it is possible when I explain to her how easily it can
> be done that she might indeed desire that accomplishment.

Easy? I doubt if I could get a character through NM and Hell in a weekend,
might be interesting to try sometime though.

> I have gear
> from my dead zon that will give her +10 to jav skills and almost max
> resists. I only wish that I was also able to loot the Duress for her
> when my Zon died. Now I also wish I kept that 3 socket Archon Plate I
> found last nite - the one I left behind becasue I was not satisfied
> with making another Duress with a 412 defense armor - I wanted a 440,
> or near that.

At this point you can have full access to any of my mules, so we could twink
her up with a fine kit of gear. I know there's a Shaft or two lying around,
but if you have your heart set on a Duress, I could take the armor from my
new MFer and unWealth it. It's a 450 defense Dusk Shroud.

> I have to work Sat and Sun daytime but of course that does not prevent
> anyone else from moving her along.

I'm going to be doing trail maintenence tomorrow, carrying a chainsaw 5
miles into the mountains. So I can only help out on Sunday

> A barb in the game would be nice but I take it your second PC is still
> shot.

I broke down and bought a new drive, so I'm back in action with both
machines.

> If she decides to make a go at it and gets nailed along the way, no big
> thing. But I think there is a good chance that we can get through with
> her. The Boner is powerful indeed and I think even the Wolf is a tough
> one.

We could get her to Guardian by rushing, but actually PLAYING through NM and
Hell in 2 days will be tough.

I should be on tonight. If you want to look over my mules, let me know and
I'll send you the accounts/pw's.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
August 6, 2005 3:08:00 AM

> In SC I have been part of a group that played through (rushed) from Act
> 2 Hell to Baal in under three hours. I would get a call from Tae to
> join a hell game and while perusing through act 1 including the Pit,
> others would join and within a half hour we'd have a full game and run
> through the maggots,vipers,arcane,Duriel, rush through Act 3, do act 4
> and act 5 and finish up just in time for me to put the kids to bed.

Charging through like you mention is quite possible for experienced players.
But I'm not sure Taz fits that bill, no offense intended. And if the goal is
simply to get the title, is it really worth it?

Personally, I think it would be better to take our time and quest normally.
At a more leisurely pace. I've participated in a blitz like you describe,
but it's really not my preferred play style. And from the little I know of
Taz, I'm not sure she would enjoy it either.

I'm not getting any takers for my soon to be nonladder gear. So I'll just
keep everything. And when/if Taz wants to continue on we can play nonladder.
Hell, we finished the Untwinked Team when the last ladder reset in the
middle. we can do the same with Taz. Or if she wants, she can start fresh
with the new ladder. Though that will be tougher as we won't have the item
base to twink her up to a safe state.

Whatever Taz would like to do, I'd be glad to help however I can.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:36:46 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Hey there Bongo,

Hey there Orion,

Just a quick question, just honestly interested... you appear to direct a
large percentage of your posts to Mark. Is it your intent that only he
read/respond to them? If so, would emailing them work better?

Now certainly, I have NO problem with people directing threads at one person
in particular (heck, we all do it, me included), it's just that you appear to
be a case of this happening every third day, which makes it unusual.

Anyay, just wondering. I'm honestly not trying to be mean.

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
!