Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Norton Internet Security 2010

Last response: in Windows 7
September 2, 2010 3:54:15 AM

So i recenlty built my first computer and it came with a free 60day free trial of norton Internet Security. The trial has 27 days left so i want to renew it. Now on the website it lets me renew it for 49.99 but on amazon i can buy it for like 22.99. so my question is is it the same thing if i buy it from amazon? Meaning will renew it or will it just basically be installing it again and i will tecknically be having 2 securty software except one not doing anything.

im srry if im not making sense lol just confused.

Best solution

September 2, 2010 4:59:07 AM

Goofy Goof said:
So i recenlty built my first computer and it came with a free 60day free trial of norton Internet Security. The trial has 27 days left so i want to renew it. Now on the website it lets me renew it for 49.99 but on amazon i can buy it for like 22.99. so my question is is it the same thing if i buy it from amazon? Meaning will renew it or will it just basically be installing it again and i will tecknically be having 2 securty software except one not doing anything.

im srry if im not making sense lol just confused.

Buy it from Amazon, it's the exact same thing. They'll just send/e-mail you a "cd-key" to put in the trial version, which will then make your trial version a full version.

I've been with Norton for a long time. I buy yearly subscriptions, but instead of buying a CD at a retail store, I just pay for the "cd-key" from websites that offer it cheaper, like Amazon.

You can download the software off of the Norton website, or an actual disc and they'll be the exact same thing. The only difference is if you download it from the website, you get the most recent version. What's most important though is the CD-Key you get with it.

EDIT: Hint hint, best answer :hello: 
September 2, 2010 2:15:54 PM

Best answer selected by Goofy Goof.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
September 2, 2010 5:24:05 PM

norton sucks..
there is even free software from download.com and other sites that beat norton.
your wasting money.
m
l
!