Can anyone tell me what files and folders to open so as to find the list of
numbers for the tcp ports? I did find them once but i have not got a clue on
how to find then again.
Thank you
Trudibabe

Try here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=TCP+ports

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Trudibabe" <Trudibabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me what files and folders to open so as to find the list
of
> numbers for the tcp ports? I did find them once but i have not got a clue
on
> how to find then again.
> Thank you
> Trudibabe

Thank you Ted for your reply but i think you may have mis-understood what im
looking for.Somewher on my pc there is a list that shows me what port is
being used for what and what numbers I can use.I just need to know how I get
to this list .For example do i have to go to control panel then go into
internet options then go into something else etc etc
I hope this makes things clearer
Trudibabe

Malke

Trudibabe wrote:

> Thank you Ted for your reply but i think you may have mis-understood
> what im looking for.Somewher on my pc there is a list that shows me
> what port is being used for what and what numbers I can use.I just
> need to know how I get to this list .For example do i have to go to
> control panel then go into internet options then go into something
> else etc etc I hope this makes things clearer
> Trudibabe

I don't think there is anything like this unless you are talking about
options in your firewall or router. Maybe you could let us know what
your end goal is and then you could get a specific answer.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

> Thank you Ted for your reply but i think you may have mis-understood what
> im
> looking for.Somewher on my pc there is a list that shows me what port is
> being used for what and what numbers I can use.I just need to know how I
> get
> to this list .For example do i have to go to control panel then go into
> internet options then go into something else etc etc
> I hope this makes things clearer
> Trudibabe

Is this what you are looking for?
Type the following in the Run dialog box

cmd /k netstat

For more info type

netstat /?

in the Command Prompt.

--
William

Like Malke said.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

> Trudibabe wrote:
>
> > Thank you Ted for your reply but i think you may have mis-understood
> > what im looking for.Somewher on my pc there is a list that shows me
> > what port is being used for what and what numbers I can use.I just
> > need to know how I get to this list .For example do i have to go to
> > control panel then go into internet options then go into something
> > else etc etc I hope this makes things clearer
> > Trudibabe
>
> I don't think there is anything like this unless you are talking about
> options in your firewall or router. Maybe you could let us know what
> your end goal is and then you could get a specific answer.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Dream !, reality is to depressing !

"Trudibabe" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what files and folders to open so as to find the list of
> numbers for the tcp ports? I did find them once but i have not got a clue on
> how to find then again.
> Thank you
> Trudibabe

Open the "services" file in Notepad
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

"Ok im trying to download some files from a site called winmx which is a
share file site and it keeps telling me that the connection has timed out
and that it has something to do with the tcp port needs re numbering.
Hope this helps
Trudibabe

Malke

Trudibabe wrote:

> "Ok im trying to download some files from a site called winmx which
> is a share file site and it keeps telling me that the connection has
> timed out
> and that it has something to do with the tcp port needs re numbering.
> Hope this helps
> Trudibabe

http://www.winmx.com/support/

and

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=WinMX+tech+support&btnG=Google+Search

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

ok i think im getting there can you tell me where i can find my router's
port mapping configuration?
Thank you
Trudibabe

Malke

Trudibabe wrote:

> ok i think im getting there can you tell me where i can find my
> router's port mapping configuration?
> Thank you
> Trudibabe

Look in your router's manual for precise instructions. Routers are
usually configured from a browser by entering the router's IP address
in the browser's addressbar. Again, refer to your manual for
instructions. If you don't have the manual that came with your router,
go to the router mftr.'s website and the manual will be there.

Malke