new motherboard suggestions

CatMan

Distinguished
May 3, 2003
my asus died. a7n8x dlx ver. 2.0. should i stick with the same motherboard or is there a new one thats better now. havnt looked much in awhile. ive read a little about the Gigabyte GA-7NNXP is a good board. but i like the a7n8x. what do you guys think? incase you were wondering... Barton 2500, 2xPC2700 Corsair XMS 256, 450 watt pwr supply so i dont think that is my problem with a dead motherboard. suppose you can know too that nothing but the fans come on. and at one point i forgot to put my cpu heatsink back on at the computer shut down on its on to save the cpu from heat damage...

Its only funny until somebody gets hurt, then its hilarious.

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
It'll be easier to just get the same thing, then you won't have to worry about deleting and installing new drivers and you won't have to worry about any instability and new conflicts introduced by a different board. The Asus is a fine board. Switch if you can find a concrete reason, otherwise just get the same thing. Incidentally, you can pick up a refurb from NewEgg right now for about $70.
-Brett

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
cant u get it RMAed?

<b><font color=red>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</b></font color=red>