Foder option question

I am having trouble with my desktop very often "resetting" itself.
I have to wait for the icons, task bar etc to do their thing and recover.
This seems to happen most often when I close a window esp the recycle bin
window or my computer window.
I was given advice to check the option
"Launch folder in a seperate process"
on the folder option dialog box.
This should apparently should fix the problem. However before I do so..
Is this a good idea?
Are there any problems associated with doing this?
I did a google but couldn't find so much info.
Any advice is appreciated as this "resetting" is becoming a bore
Thanks

If you select the option. Your windows will be more stable but it can eat a
little more memory.

--
Cankat Akdemir
Author of "Windows XP Secrets"

"TheBFG" <TheBFG@discussions.microsoft.com>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
yazdý:661B3355-3B49-4448-AEF6-22A3F121E9F5@microsoft.com...
>I am having trouble with my desktop very often "resetting" itself.
> I have to wait for the icons, task bar etc to do their thing and recover.
> This seems to happen most often when I close a window esp the recycle bin
> window or my computer window.
> I was given advice to check the option
> "Launch folder in a seperate process"
> on the folder option dialog box.
> This should apparently should fix the problem. However before I do so..
> Is this a good idea?
> Are there any problems associated with doing this?
> I did a google but couldn't find so much info.
> Any advice is appreciated as this "resetting" is becoming a bore
> Thanks

Thanks for the relpy
I have 735Mb memory so I guess it's OK to use this option
I'll try it