XP media centre vs XP Pro

I am about to purchase an Acer Aspire 9500 for use at work on a windows 2003
server network. It will also be used shen I am traveling and at home. Does
anyone know if XP Media Centre has the same functionality as XP Pro where
network connectivity is concerned? Also are there any other things that I
should be concerned about choosing XP Media Centre over XP Pro?
1 answer Last reply
More about media centre

    Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 does not support a scenario where you join
    your computer to a domain. Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is designed as
    the foundation for a premier home entertainment system.

    Windows Media Center FAQ
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx

    You cannot join your computer to a domain in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887212

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "island hopper" wrote:

    | I am about to purchase an Acer Aspire 9500 for use at work on a windows 2003
    | server network. It will also be used shen I am traveling and at home. Does
    | anyone know if XP Media Centre has the same functionality as XP Pro where
    | network connectivity is concerned? Also are there any other things that I
    | should be concerned about choosing XP Media Centre over XP Pro?

Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Windows XP