XP media centre vs XP Pro

September 9, 2005 12:13:05 PM

I am about to purchase an Acer Aspire 9500 for use at work on a windows 2003
server network. It will also be used shen I am traveling and at home. Does
anyone know if XP Media Centre has the same functionality as XP Pro where
network connectivity is concerned? Also are there any other things that I
should be concerned about choosing XP Media Centre over XP Pro?

More about : media centre pro

Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:36:00 PM

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 does not support a scenario where you join
your computer to a domain. Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is designed as
the foundation for a premier home entertainment system.

Windows Media Center FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluati...

You cannot join your computer to a domain in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887212

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP