Reset: Team-Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen

OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?

Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?

Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
ladder characters?

Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?

Something else?

SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)

Ruben
11 answers Last reply
More about reset team crouching tiger hidden drag queen

    "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
    > the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
    >
    > Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
    >
    > Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
    > ladder characters?
    >
    > Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
    >
    > Something else?
    >
    > SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)

    I will be concentrating on new ladder characters after muling Enigma, etc so
    I can delete and remake chars. This will leave no time for Asn-team atm :¬/

    Once I have a crack at making Ladder and have some decent characters to rush
    people again... then I may come back to idea's like asn-games, etc... but
    for now... there is work to be done ;¬)

    Its gonna be hard starting-out again on Ladder... and I gotta wipe a tear
    from my eye when I thinx about loosing my "godly" summancer / hammerdin /
    etc... but my life goes on... and their's HAS to end.

    --
    Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
    (Please reply to group only)

    Ruben-P <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
    > the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
    >
    > Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
    >
    > Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
    > ladder characters?
    >
    > Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
    >
    > Something else?
    >
    > SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)
    >
    > Ruben

    It is very hard to forgo the current soon-2-be-non-ladder assassin after
    months of investment. But I would second the idea of new ladder assassin
    team nonetheless (if it really happen).

    This is an untwinked team in the first place. So it is good for new ladder
    play.

    I personally will focus on new ladder also.

    Deep_Impact (CTHDQ)

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
    >the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
    >
    >Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
    >
    >Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
    >ladder characters?
    >
    >Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
    >
    >Something else?
    >
    >SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)

    Don't look at me!

    Honestly, I don't have much of an interest in the team at the moment, being
    mostly focused on mod making, and the impending reset. People should do what
    they want to do. If they want to continue non-ladder after the reset, then
    that's fine, and those of us who go off to focus on ladder can always rejoin
    later on once things settle.

    I started the team with the intent of having a new team of players that could
    quest with on a gear-specific build of mine. Restarting her again
    immediately on the new ladder would be kind of pointless for me, since I'd
    probably get to the gear-specific part before I got the specific gear. :-)
    So I'd bow out if that's what people end up doing.

    Other people should definitely respond with their preferences.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
    > <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
    > supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
    >
    >>OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
    >>the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
    >>
    >>Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
    >>
    >>Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
    >>ladder characters?
    >>
    >>Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
    >>
    >>Something else?
    >>
    >>SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)
    >
    > Don't look at me!
    >
    > Honestly, I don't have much of an interest in the team at the moment,
    > being
    > mostly focused on mod making, and the impending reset. People should do
    > what
    > they want to do. If they want to continue non-ladder after the reset,
    > then
    > that's fine, and those of us who go off to focus on ladder can always
    > rejoin
    > later on once things settle.
    >
    > I started the team with the intent of having a new team of players that
    > could
    > quest with on a gear-specific build of mine. Restarting her again
    > immediately on the new ladder would be kind of pointless for me, since I'd
    > probably get to the gear-specific part before I got the specific gear.
    > :-)
    > So I'd bow out if that's what people end up doing.
    >
    > Other people should definitely respond with their preferences.
    > --
    > "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
    the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
    now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
    we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote for
    "quit now".

    Ruben

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "MD-R Ar28senal v2.0b"
    <apis776@chevalier.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
    said:

    >It is very hard to forgo the current soon-2-be-non-ladder assassin after
    >months of investment. But I would second the idea of new ladder assassin
    >team nonetheless (if it really happen).

    I'm not sure I'd classify four or five two sessions as "months of investment".
    It's more like a day of investment. :-)

    --

    > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "MD-R Ar28senal v2.0b"
    > <apis776@chevalier.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
    > said:
    >
    > >It is very hard to forgo the current soon-2-be-non-ladder assassin after
    > >months of investment. But I would second the idea of new ladder assassin
    > >team nonetheless (if it really happen).
    >
    > I'm not sure I'd classify four or five two sessions as "months of
    investment".
    > It's more like a day of investment. :-)

    I don't recall exactly when we started the assassin team, so "months" is
    just my rough number. After reading more posts from this thread, I agree
    "parking" is a good option too.

    > --
    > "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
    supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

    >OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
    >the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
    >now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
    >we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote for
    >"quit now".

    Seconded. "Parking" the team, for now, would be an option that I'd like,
    also.

    --
    "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

    I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
    something like...

    >Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
    >supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
    >
    >>OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
    >>the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
    >>now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
    >>we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote for
    >>"quit now".
    >
    >Seconded. "Parking" the team, for now, would be an option that I'd like,
    >also.

    I can live with that. And I really did want to get one more hellfire
    torch before the ladder reset. Heheh, those things are crazy with
    zeal, I just about had the entire screen covered in fire.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    I think it was "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> that wrote
    something like...

    >Ashen Shugar wrote:
    >> I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
    >> something like...
    >>
    >>> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
    >>> <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and

    >>> Seconded. "Parking" the team, for now, would be an option that I'd
    >>> like, also.
    >>
    >> I can live with that. And I really did want to get one more hellfire
    >> torch before the ladder reset. Heheh, those things are crazy with
    >> zeal, I just about had the entire screen covered in fire.
    >
    >Damn! You got a Pally one? Conga rats. Shady's one with frenzy also fills
    >the screen with fire. She complains that she can't she what she's fighting.

    Nah, it's only a Druid one. But that doesn't stop my Pally from using
    it. The 20% all resists on it will help him against uber Meph.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    I think it was deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) that wrote
    something like...

    >I think it was "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> that wrote
    >something like...
    >
    >>Ashen Shugar wrote:
    >>> I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
    >>> something like...

    >>> I can live with that. And I really did want to get one more hellfire
    >>> torch before the ladder reset. Heheh, those things are crazy with
    >>> zeal, I just about had the entire screen covered in fire.
    >>
    >>Damn! You got a Pally one? Conga rats. Shady's one with frenzy also fills
    >>the screen with fire. She complains that she can't she what she's fighting.
    >
    >Nah, it's only a Druid one. But that doesn't stop my Pally from using
    >it. The 20% all resists on it will help him against uber Meph.

    But now he's just found a Pally one. 18 stats, 13% res. Oh well.
    Probably better for a Hammerdin, but what they hey, my Smiter can use
    it anyway.

    > "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    > > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
    > > <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,

    > OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
    > the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
    > now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
    > we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote
    for
    > "quit now".

    I've only played Ladder since it came out and want to continue playing
    on the ladder, so I have no real interest in continuing playing the
    assassin.
    So my vote is to quit for now and try again latter.

    wizofwas

Tiger Video Games