Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Reset: Team-Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 7:26:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?

Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?

Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
ladder characters?

Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?

Something else?

SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)

Ruben
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 8:02:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p yLIe.1198$RZ2.41@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
> the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
>
> Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
>
> Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
> ladder characters?
>
> Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
>
> Something else?
>
> SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)

I will be concentrating on new ladder characters after muling Enigma, etc so
I can delete and remake chars. This will leave no time for Asn-team atm :¬/

Once I have a crack at making Ladder and have some decent characters to rush
people again... then I may come back to idea's like asn-games, etc... but
for now... there is work to be done ;¬)

Its gonna be hard starting-out again on Ladder... and I gotta wipe a tear
from my eye when I thinx about loosing my "godly" summancer / hammerdin /
etc... but my life goes on... and their's HAS to end.

--
Trammel is a member of DWC (http://dwc.no-ip.org)
(Please reply to group only)
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 5:10:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Ruben-P <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p yLIe.1198$RZ2.41@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
> the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
>
> Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
>
> Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
> ladder characters?
>
> Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
>
> Something else?
>
> SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)
>
> Ruben
>
>

It is very hard to forgo the current soon-2-be-non-ladder assassin after
months of investment. But I would second the idea of new ladder assassin
team nonetheless (if it really happen).

This is an untwinked team in the first place. So it is good for new ladder
play.

I personally will focus on new ladder also.

Deep_Impact (CTHDQ)
Related resources
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:37:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
>the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
>
>Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
>
>Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
>ladder characters?
>
>Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
>
>Something else?
>
>SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)

Don't look at me!

Honestly, I don't have much of an interest in the team at the moment, being
mostly focused on mod making, and the impending reset. People should do what
they want to do. If they want to continue non-ladder after the reset, then
that's fine, and those of us who go off to focus on ladder can always rejoin
later on once things settle.

I started the team with the intent of having a new team of players that could
quest with on a gear-specific build of mine. Restarting her again
immediately on the new ladder would be kind of pointless for me, since I'd
probably get to the gear-specific part before I got the specific gear. :-)
So I'd bow out if that's what people end up doing.

Other people should definitely respond with their preferences.


--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:37:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:lnf7f1pv6f5iiar357chmta0l2mip8pjv2@4ax.com...
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
> <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>OK, assuming that Blizzard isn't just planning some kind of bad joke, and
>>the reset happens, how will it affect the assassin team?
>>
>>Do we continue the same characters, just non-ladder?
>>
>>Do we just forget the whole idea for now, and work on creating our own new
>>ladder characters?
>>
>>Do we start over, creating new ladder assassins?
>>
>>Something else?
>>
>>SVH, make a judgement call, please :-)
>
> Don't look at me!
>
> Honestly, I don't have much of an interest in the team at the moment,
> being
> mostly focused on mod making, and the impending reset. People should do
> what
> they want to do. If they want to continue non-ladder after the reset,
> then
> that's fine, and those of us who go off to focus on ladder can always
> rejoin
> later on once things settle.
>
> I started the team with the intent of having a new team of players that
> could
> quest with on a gear-specific build of mine. Restarting her again
> immediately on the new ladder would be kind of pointless for me, since I'd
> probably get to the gear-specific part before I got the specific gear.
> :-)
> So I'd bow out if that's what people end up doing.
>
> Other people should definitely respond with their preferences.
> --
> "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote for
"quit now".

Ruben
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:38:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "MD-R Ar28senal v2.0b"
<apis776@chevalier.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
said:

>It is very hard to forgo the current soon-2-be-non-ladder assassin after
>months of investment. But I would second the idea of new ladder assassin
>team nonetheless (if it really happen).

I'm not sure I'd classify four or five two sessions as "months of investment".
It's more like a day of investment. :-)


--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 11:38:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:D 0g7f15ab8l26tu569hknvjaq26gt4b1mf@4ax.com...
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "MD-R Ar28senal v2.0b"
> <apis776@chevalier.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
> said:
>
> >It is very hard to forgo the current soon-2-be-non-ladder assassin after
> >months of investment. But I would second the idea of new ladder assassin
> >team nonetheless (if it really happen).
>
> I'm not sure I'd classify four or five two sessions as "months of
investment".
> It's more like a day of investment. :-)

I don't recall exactly when we started the assassin team, so "months" is
just my rough number. After reading more posts from this thread, I agree
"parking" is a good option too.

>
>
> --
> "My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:20:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
>the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
>now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
>we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote for
>"quit now".

Seconded. "Parking" the team, for now, would be an option that I'd like,
also.


--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:20:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,
>supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
>>the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
>>now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
>>we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote for
>>"quit now".
>
>Seconded. "Parking" the team, for now, would be an option that I'd like,
>also.

I can live with that. And I really did want to get one more hellfire
torch before the ladder reset. Heheh, those things are crazy with
zeal, I just about had the entire screen covered in fire.

Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:20:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I think it was "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>Ashen Shugar wrote:
>> I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
>> something like...
>>
>>> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
>>> <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
>>> flopped and said:
>>>
>>>> OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber
>>>> trio and the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the
>>>> assassin team for now. When we've all settled down again on the
>>>> new ladder in a few months, we can start over, if there is any
>>>> interest at that time. So, one vote for "quit now".
>>>
>>> Seconded. "Parking" the team, for now, would be an option that I'd
>>> like, also.
>>
>> I can live with that. And I really did want to get one more hellfire
>> torch before the ladder reset. Heheh, those things are crazy with
>> zeal, I just about had the entire screen covered in fire.
>
>Damn! You got a Pally one? Conga rats. Shady's one with frenzy also fills
>the screen with fire. She complains that she can't she what she's fighting.

Nah, it's only a Druid one. But that doesn't stop my Pally from using
it. The 20% all resists on it will help him against uber Meph.

Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:20:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I think it was deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) that wrote
something like...

>I think it was "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> that wrote
>something like...
>
>>Ashen Shugar wrote:
>>> I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
>>> something like...
>>>
>>>> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
>>>> <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
>>>> flopped and said:
>>>>
>>>>> OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber
>>>>> trio and the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the
>>>>> assassin team for now. When we've all settled down again on the
>>>>> new ladder in a few months, we can start over, if there is any
>>>>> interest at that time. So, one vote for "quit now".
>>>>
>>>> Seconded. "Parking" the team, for now, would be an option that I'd
>>>> like, also.
>>>
>>> I can live with that. And I really did want to get one more hellfire
>>> torch before the ladder reset. Heheh, those things are crazy with
>>> zeal, I just about had the entire screen covered in fire.
>>
>>Damn! You got a Pally one? Conga rats. Shady's one with frenzy also fills
>>the screen with fire. She complains that she can't she what she's fighting.
>
>Nah, it's only a Druid one. But that doesn't stop my Pally from using
>it. The 20% all resists on it will help him against uber Meph.
>

But now he's just found a Pally one. 18 stats, 13% res. Oh well.
Probably better for a Hammerdin, but what they hey, my Smiter can use
it anyway.


Ashen Shugar
--
The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:18:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Ruben-P" <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:lvPIe.3687$ns.2164@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:lnf7f1pv6f5iiar357chmta0l2mip8pjv2@4ax.com...
> > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Ruben-P"
> > <ruben_ptREMOVE@hotmail.com>,


> OK, I throw in my vote: Due to the current interest in the uber trio and
> the coming ladder reset, I'd suggest that we "park" the assassin team for
> now. When we've all settled down again on the new ladder in a few months,
> we can start over, if there is any interest at that time. So, one vote
for
> "quit now".


I've only played Ladder since it came out and want to continue playing
on the ladder, so I have no real interest in continuing playing the
assassin.
So my vote is to quit for now and try again latter.

wizofwas
!