Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How important is having a good keyboard?

Last response: in Video Games
December 29, 2009 11:08:59 AM

I can see why you would want a good mouse for gaming because tracking speed/precision is very important for FPS games but what would be the point in spending $100 on a gaming keyboard if the thing is just as good as your standard old wired keyboard. I have a both the logitech G9 and G9X mice and in my opinion they were worth every penny, but as far as the keyboard goes I still use the old beige keyboards with the ps/2 connectors and I have no problems whatsoever.
December 29, 2009 12:49:02 PM

I have G15 keyboard and there are a couple of reasons I could see for spending extra on a keyboard. One is extra features. When I bought the G15 I was playing a lot of WoW and the LCD was actually very useful as were the extra keys on the left. The other reason would be for higher quality. Buying 1 $100 and having it last a couple of years rather than constantly having to replace $20 keyboards might be cheaper in the long run. If you game a lot your keyboard can take a real beating which is why I don't use wireless keyboards for gaming anymore. They are too expensive and don't last as long as standard wired keyboards. But ultimately it comes down to comfort. Whatever feels best for you is what you should use.
m
l
December 30, 2009 3:23:55 AM

a keyboard isnt very important. but say for... FPS games (shooters) you should get a gamepad. in my signature you can see i have one, its great and worth it.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 2, 2010 3:43:01 PM

purplerat said:
I have G15 keyboard and there are a couple of reasons I could see for spending extra on a keyboard. One is extra features. When I bought the G15 I was playing a lot of WoW and the LCD was actually very useful as were the extra keys on the left. The other reason would be for higher quality. Buying 1 $100 and having it last a couple of years rather than constantly having to replace $20 keyboards might be cheaper in the long run. If you game a lot your keyboard can take a real beating which is why I don't use wireless keyboards for gaming anymore. They are too expensive and don't last as long as standard wired keyboards. But ultimately it comes down to comfort. Whatever feels best for you is what you should use.

I got to 2300 rated arena with a 10$ mouse and 20$ keyboard in WoW many times... I would strongly argue that cheap keyboards don't last long.. I'd bet nerd rage would end their life pretty fast though.. I never EVER buy good stuff.. Heck the brand on my keyboard is like Mii or something.. super cheap wal-mart special but has function keys for media player etc... works great, and has for years.. Now the dell keyboard it replaced was another story... On the mice thing.. I use logitech, always have, always will... the cheapest still has good quality..

SO no OP, don't spend 100$ on a keyboard... Spend it on hotpockets... :bounce: 
February 4, 2010 3:54:51 PM

buy any keyboard except for wireless
i had real bad xperiences with it
m
l
March 4, 2010 9:50:41 PM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
m
l
!