Decent games i can play on my pc

shays47

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Could anyone suggest some good recent, or not so recent games i can play on my pc?

Intel core 2 quad q8300
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
4gb ddr2 RAM
640gb hdd
nvidia 7100 integrated graphics(256mb dedicated)

importuner

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
if you want to play a decent game like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Farcry 3, GRID, or whatever else you have in mind, you will NEED a new and better GPU. NVIDIA 7100 integrated , sucks!!!!!!! It might be compatible with games like Free Cell, and Solitare, but it wont work with Games like the ones on top. Maybe you should buy a GTX 260, I own one and it works perfectly on every single game, like CRYSIS for example. So yeahh some good games are listed in my comment, but in order for you to play them you will need a better GPU.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
+1 the rest of the pc is pretty decent - what monitor do you have? If you run up to 1280x1024 I have a radeon hd4670 which is cheap, runs very well and doesnt require any additional power.

If you run anything higgher resolution than that, an even better card is required - I'm an ATI fanboy - for that I make no apologies - check the tomsguide graphics cards for the best card for your resolution and budget,

dantoshi

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i live in brazil
here we play a lot of counter strike
search i on google
kinf of mod of half life
in this configuration u can try some old versions of battlefield, cod, nfs, nfl, fifa or pes
cause they require less stuff

icenum

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
With prices on Video Card reaching all time low, now is a good time to upgrade to seperate video card. Nvidia makes some good cards, just got a ATI 5770 great card for the money. Be adding a second soon..

Halo Combat Evolved-Then you can play online with us..=^) RPitch

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
i think you can "manage to play warcraft"... um and maybe rise of nations, diablo2, sim city2000, command and conquer, basically games that were great 5-10 years ago

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

Importuna is right,if you spend some money on a good graphics card your pc will run these games very well coz your pc looks quite good,i have a XFX radeon 4770 card and it works great

rasheeq

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
first get a good GPU...i have a gtx 260...u can look at different ones and see which one suits u best.no need to buy a really good gpu to run on 1280x1024 resolution...that'll be overkill.you can look at stuffs like geforce 9800gtx of radeon 4830hd which are both less than usd 100 i guess...

then try out these following games...

*prototype
*cod modern warfare 2
*assassins creed 2 (when it comes out later this month)
*need for speed most wanted :p

well it actually depends a lot on what type of games you like...so it's up to u to decide.check out ign or gamespot.com for ratings and suggestions...

Think Anandtech's review of the Arrandale or maybe Clarksdale CPU + IGP mentioned that they got Dragon Age Origins to work at the lowest settings, but it looked like Kings Quest or some such (1980's game)...

What I suggest is that if you're interested in some particular games, buy them and see how they work on your present setup. If not good enough, then buy a decent graphics card that'll run them to your satisfaction.

StatiicGrazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
It really depends on what your game type is. Oblivion, Fallout 3, Stronghold, Diablo 2, Savage 2, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Raising, a madden or mlb or nba or soccer game. The sims were a good waste of time, and not just The Sims, or Sim city, there was a Sim Helicopter at one point I believe.

FrPSh

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I would definitely go with the rest and say that you should research and buy a new graphics card. The rest of your system is really awesome, but it will be close to useless in games without a good GPU.
Though, even with the card you have, you will probably be able to play the Half Life 2 series. They are my favorite games of all time. Incredible story, awesome gameplay, great characters, everything a good game should be. I would highly recommend playing the series. (Profile pic :))