I've just got my Toshiba Satellite lap top onto the web and i'm having a
real problem... With other PC if i was viewing a page and opened up
another web page it was instant... now i'm on the net with my lap top,
if i do the same thing.. the window i'm on freezes for about 10secs
then finally the other window appears & everything is ok..... Can
anybody help????

--
harpoongun

harpoongun wrote:
> I've just got my Toshiba Satellite lap top onto the web and i'm
> having a real problem... With other PC if i was viewing a page and
> opened up another web page it was instant... now i'm on the net with
> my lap top, if i do the same thing.. the window i'm on freezes for
> about 10secs then finally the other window appears & everything is
> ok..... Can anybody help????

Is the laptop up to date? All software on it up to date?
(Just because it is new doesn't mean it is updated.)

Has it been scanned for viruses and such?
Has it been scanned for spyware and such?
Has it been immunized for spyware and such?

What Internet browser are you using?

What are the specs on this laptop? What about on this "other PC"?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

dl

'just got onto the web'
You updated win* ?
probably numerous security updates were required.
You have the Firewall activated and a current AV app?
Youve downloaded, updated and run both Adaware and Spybot?