upgrade problem... h e l p, please

jmycal

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
okay i just upgraded my computer from a gigabyte ga-7dxr, 1gig tbird and nameless ram with 2 ibm 40 gig deskstars. i upgraded to an asus a7n8x deluxe with a athlon 2500 +xp barton core, and a set of corsair TWINX512-3200C2PT memory. one of my drives went bad so i order a seagate baraucuda 40 gig as well. when i went to boot up it goes fine until it goes to the screen in xp when windows was shut down improperly, no problem select start windows normaly, it then goes past the xp screen and before the log in screen comes up it reboots and ends up back at the windows was shut down improperly screen.

anything about the a7n8x deluxe i would need to know about to upgrade, thanx

<font color=purple><b><i>The Principle's of the Lust are easy to understand. Do what feel, feel until the end</b></i></font color=purple>

jimbo99

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2003
Try getting into safe mode and tell it to not reboot when it encounters errors. It is somewhere in the system properties.

You did completely Format and Reinstall WinXP from scratch right?

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

jmycal

Distinguished
May 20, 2001
no but i will thanx, i ask next question back in hard disk

<font color=purple><b><i>The Principle's of the Lust are easy to understand. Do what feel, feel until the end</b></i></font color=purple>

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
That would be your problem. You'll need to reformat and reinstall with a chipset change or windows wont boot up properly (I think this is only a problem for win2000/winXP).

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6752830" target="_new">Yay, I Finally broke the 12k barrier!!</A>