winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically
and then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is
being used for audio.
I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.

Check with application is configured for Music files:

Double click My Computer | Right click CD-ROM | Properties | Autoplay tab|
Music files from the drop - down.

You should find the application it uses selected here.

"igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
> winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
> When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically and
> then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
> WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
> Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is being
> used for audio.
> I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
> CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.

My Auto Play tab shows Actions-Unchecked and instead Prompt me each time
to choose an action checked. The drop down contains---- Music Files,
pictures,video files, mixed content and music Cd

Jonybrv wrote:
> Check with application is configured for Music files:
>
> Double click My Computer | Right click CD-ROM | Properties | Autoplay tab|
> Music files from the drop - down.
>
> You should find the application it uses selected here.
>
> "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
>>When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically and
>>then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
>>WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
>>Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is being
>>used for audio.
>>I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
>>CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.

In the Task Manager, lets us know the processes that shows your name next to
it when audio cd is played.

> My Auto Play tab shows Actions-Unchecked and instead Prompt me each time
> to choose an action checked. The drop down contains---- Music Files,
> pictures,video files, mixed content and music Cd
>
> Jonybrv wrote:
>> Check with application is configured for Music files:
>>
>> Double click My Computer | Right click CD-ROM | Properties | Autoplay
>> tab| Music files from the drop - down.
>>
>> You should find the application it uses selected here.
>>
>> "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
>>>When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically and
>>>then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
>>>WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
>>>Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is
>>>being used for audio.
>>>I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
>>>CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.

There is no name displayed.