autoplay

winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically
and then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is
being used for audio.
I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.
4 answers Last reply
More about autoplay

    Check with application is configured for Music files:

    Double click My Computer | Right click CD-ROM | Properties | Autoplay tab|
    Music files from the drop - down.

    You should find the application it uses selected here.

    "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
    > When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically and
    > then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
    > WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
    > Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is being
    > used for audio.
    > I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
    > CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.

    My Auto Play tab shows Actions-Unchecked and instead Prompt me each time
    to choose an action checked. The drop down contains---- Music Files,
    pictures,video files, mixed content and music Cd

    Jonybrv wrote:
    > Check with application is configured for Music files:
    >
    > Double click My Computer | Right click CD-ROM | Properties | Autoplay tab|
    > Music files from the drop - down.
    >
    > You should find the application it uses selected here.
    >
    > "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
    >>When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically and
    >>then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
    >>WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
    >>Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is being
    >>used for audio.
    >>I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
    >>CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.

    In the Task Manager, lets us know the processes that shows your name next to
    it when audio cd is played.

    > My Auto Play tab shows Actions-Unchecked and instead Prompt me each time
    > to choose an action checked. The drop down contains---- Music Files,
    > pictures,video files, mixed content and music Cd
    >
    > Jonybrv wrote:
    >> Check with application is configured for Music files:
    >>
    >> Double click My Computer | Right click CD-ROM | Properties | Autoplay
    >> tab| Music files from the drop - down.
    >>
    >> You should find the application it uses selected here.
    >>
    >> "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> winxp, RAM 512MB,HD80GB
    >>>When I insert an audio CD into my CD ROM drive it plays automatically and
    >>>then I do not know which media player plays the CD. I have
    >>>WMP,iTunes,GoldWave,Realplayer and quick Time in my Entertainment folder.
    >>>Task manager does not indicate as to which application or process is
    >>>being used for audio.
    >>>I would like to know which program/application is in use at the time the
    >>>CD is playing. Besides I do not want to disable the autoplay of the CD.

    There is no name displayed.

    Jonybrv wrote:
    > In the Task Manager, lets us know the processes that shows your name next to
    > it when audio cd is played.
    >
    > "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>My Auto Play tab shows Actions-Unchecked and instead Prompt me each time
    >>to choose an action checked. The drop down contains---- Music Files,
    >>pictures,video files, mixed content and music Cd
    >>
    >>Jonybrv wrote:
    >>
    >>>Check with application is configured for Music files:
    >>>
    >>>Double click My Computer | Right click CD-ROM | Properties | Autoplay
    >>>tab| Music files from the drop - down.
    >>>
    >>>You should find the application it uses selected here.
    >>>
    >>>"igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message

Audio CD-Rom Windows XP