Sign in with
Your question

Is there a way(continue below)

Last response: in Business Computing
January 27, 2013 8:45:11 AM

For a notebook pc to use the hardware resources of desktop.
The reason is because the desktop pc display is old and very blury to be precise and a dont have money for a new display now.

More about : continue

January 27, 2013 8:59:05 AM

You can connect your desktop monitor to your laptop, either directly with an adapter. The laptop will use the laptop graphics but display on the desktop monitor. Depending on your laptop you can change the settings to something appropriate for the desktop monitor (like resolution and refresh rate). Not quite sure what you are asking by "use the hardware resources of desktop"?
January 27, 2013 9:03:33 AM

its the other way around, he wants to use the desktop power on the laptop monitor.

Sorry, no-go. Unless you can remote desktop connect into the desktop from the laptop and run it over you network. Often the screen colour depth reduces so its not great.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 27, 2013 9:32:11 AM

13thmonkey said:
its the other way around, he wants to use the desktop power on the laptop monitor.

Sorry, no-go. Unless you can remote desktop connect into the desktop from the laptop and run it over you network. Often the screen colour depth reduces so its not great.

Yeah, you're correct there.

Either remote-desktop or nothing. Remote desktop is pretty... not good.
January 27, 2013 9:36:54 AM

I wish it were otherwise. There might be better rdp solutions out there, but its getting a bit technical at that point.
January 27, 2013 9:39:26 AM

13thmonkey said:
I wish it were otherwise. There might be better rdp solutions out there, but its getting a bit technical at that point.

I mean, it is probably possible, but I imagine it's rather complex and requires rare parts. Just not something you can practically do.
Anonymous
January 27, 2013 10:22:56 PM

Technically .. yes, easily no.
!