Contract expired, need some advice

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 15, 2004 5:04:57 PM

I need some advice, my AM Choice Family 300 contract expired this month and I don't know what to do, my wife and I are very light users of the cell phones, we have two lines with the old and reliable Motorola StarTAC phones, we have all the extra batteries, home chargers and car cable adapters that we need. I don't want to have to teach my wife how to use a new phone and buy all the necessary accessories for the new phones.
What should I do now, can I get new contract with the option of changing the phones in the future?
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 1:22:30 AM

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:04:57 GMT, "Jack" <jackmorNOSPAM@earthlink.net>
wrote:
>I need some advice, my AM Choice Family 300 contract expired this month
>and I don't know what to do, my wife and I are very light users of the
>cell phones, we have two lines with the old and reliable Motorola StarTAC
>phones, we have all the extra batteries, home chargers and car cable
>adapters that we need. I don't want to have to teach my wife how to use a
>new phone and buy all the necessary accessories for the new phones.
>What should I do now, can I get new contract with the option of changing
>the phones in the future?

You don't need a new contract at all. You can just stay on a
"month-to-month" basis. You'll keep all your present calling plan
features at the same price you pay now. If you decide to get a new
contract at some point in the future, you'll be able to do that.

If you like the features available on the new plans, you can get a new
contract and keep your old phones. (Note that America's Choice plans no
longer include free long distance to Canada, if you have that on your old
plan.)

Or you can get one new phone for yourself with a new contract. Your wife
will still be able to use her old phone. (In my case, my wife got the
new, fancy, color flipphone, while I got to keep my old phone!)
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 4:41:08 AM

can you get a new phone with a new 2 year contract, but
keep the same plan as before? My older plan has enough
minutes and is $5 cheaper than the new plans.

Carl

"Bob Scheurle" <njtbob2@X-optonline-X.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:04:57 GMT, "Jack" <jackmorNOSPAM@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
> >I need some advice, my AM Choice Family 300 contract expired this month
> >and I don't know what to do, my wife and I are very light users of the
> >cell phones, we have two lines with the old and reliable Motorola StarTAC
> >phones, we have all the extra batteries, home chargers and car cable
> >adapters that we need. I don't want to have to teach my wife how to use a
> >new phone and buy all the necessary accessories for the new phones.
> >What should I do now, can I get new contract with the option of changing
> >the phones in the future?
>
> You don't need a new contract at all. You can just stay on a
> "month-to-month" basis. You'll keep all your present calling plan
> features at the same price you pay now. If you decide to get a new
> contract at some point in the future, you'll be able to do that.
>
> If you like the features available on the new plans, you can get a new
> contract and keep your old phones. (Note that America's Choice plans no
> longer include free long distance to Canada, if you have that on your old
> plan.)
>
> Or you can get one new phone for yourself with a new contract. Your wife
> will still be able to use her old phone. (In my case, my wife got the
> new, fancy, color flipphone, while I got to keep my old phone!)

July 16, 2004 4:41:09 AM

Carl S. Moore <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:
> can you get a new phone with a new 2 year contract, but
> keep the same plan as before? My older plan has enough
> minutes and is $5 cheaper than the new plans.

There should be no reason you can't keep the same plan as long as it's
currently offered. If not, you still may be able to, but check with VZW to
be sure.

July 16, 2004 4:41:10 AM

> Carl S. Moore <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:
> > can you get a new phone with a new 2 year contract, but
> > keep the same plan as before? My older plan has enough
> > minutes and is $5 cheaper than the new plans.

Why would you want a new contract? You can get as many phones cheaper
WITHOUT a new contract, than verizon sells em for with a new contract,
activate em on your current contract, and you don't have to change your
contract at all. Think of this, with the new plans being $60 more a year
($120 for 2 years), than what you have now, why pay the extra every month
just to get a one time skimpy savings on a phone?

I honestly don't understand why anyone would get a phone AND a new contract
from Verizon for MORE than they can just pay for a phone by itself
elsewhere, and keep on paying more every month for the privilege of spending
more. That seems similar to people getting a 10 cent off coupon if they buy
something at full retail, rather than buy it elsewhere for 25 cents off and
not use the coupon.
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 6:01:50 AM

Good point... I'm hoping for the new V710 with bluetooth eventually,
so I'll see when they are available what the prices are. Any suggestions
for best place on a new model phone? Sometimes ebay has good deals,
but not always.

Carl

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Carl S. Moore <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:
> > > can you get a new phone with a new 2 year contract, but
> > > keep the same plan as before? My older plan has enough
> > > minutes and is $5 cheaper than the new plans.
> >

> Why would you want a new contract? You can get as many phones cheaper
> WITHOUT a new contract, than verizon sells em for with a new contract,
> activate em on your current contract, and you don't have to change your
> contract at all. Think of this, with the new plans being $60 more a year
> ($120 for 2 years), than what you have now, why pay the extra every month
> just to get a one time skimpy savings on a phone?
>
> I honestly don't understand why anyone would get a phone AND a new
contract
> from Verizon for MORE than they can just pay for a phone by itself
> elsewhere, and keep on paying more every month for the privilege of
spending
> more. That seems similar to people getting a 10 cent off coupon if they
buy
> something at full retail, rather than buy it elsewhere for 25 cents off
and
> not use the coupon.

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 6:01:51 AM

Go to www.phonescoop.com
Click on Phone finder (left side)
Click on carrier (verizon), and in this case, features = bluetooth
"required"
3 phones show up, click on the one you want, in this case, since the phone
isn't available yet, all you get are specs.

Once a phone is actually released, go to www.cnet.com
click on "cell phones" (down a few inches in the black band) On the left
side, click on carrier verizon, then click on the phone, a bunch available
are shown, click on the "check prices" box (far right side), it will give
you a list of websites/stock levels/price etc (note that some prices are
higher, and some lower but with the fine print "price with plan" (example,
LG VX4500 $229 no contract, $49 with a 2 year contract, $170 more, but the
OP will pay $200 more in two years).

I like the stuff on ebay too, but until a phone is released, chances are it
won't be there (or any sales website), I find the phone finder and cnet
websites with reviews pretty handy.

"Carl S. Moore" <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Good point... I'm hoping for the new V710 with bluetooth eventually,
> so I'll see when they are available what the prices are. Any suggestions
> for best place on a new model phone? Sometimes ebay has good deals,
> but not always.
>
> Carl
>

> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Why would you want a new contract? You can get as many phones cheaper
> > WITHOUT a new contract, than verizon sells em for with a new contract,
> > activate em on your current contract, and you don't have to change your
> > contract at all. Think of this, with the new plans being $60 more a year
> > ($120 for 2 years), than what you have now, why pay the extra every
month
> > just to get a one time skimpy savings on a phone?
> >
> > I honestly don't understand why anyone would get a phone AND a new
> contract
> > from Verizon for MORE than they can just pay for a phone by itself
> > elsewhere, and keep on paying more every month for the privilege of
> spending
> > more. That seems similar to people getting a 10 cent off coupon if they
> buy
> > something at full retail, rather than buy it elsewhere for 25 cents off
> and
> > not use the coupon.

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 3:20:45 PM

Thanks. I'll check out. I've looked at phonescoop before, but hadn't
noticed that there were 3 with bluetooth.

> Go to www.phonescoop.com
> Click on Phone finder (left side)
> Click on carrier (verizon), and in this case, features = bluetooth
> "required"
> 3 phones show up, click on the one you want, in this case, since the phone
> isn't available yet, all you get are specs.
>
> Once a phone is actually released, go to www.cnet.com
> click on "cell phones" (down a few inches in the black band) On the left
> side, click on carrier verizon, then click on the phone, a bunch available
> are shown, click on the "check prices" box (far right side), it will give
> you a list of websites/stock levels/price etc (note that some prices are
> higher, and some lower but with the fine print "price with plan" (example,
> LG VX4500 $229 no contract, $49 with a 2 year contract, $170 more, but the
> OP will pay $200 more in two years).
>
> I like the stuff on ebay too, but until a phone is released, chances are
it
> won't be there (or any sales website), I find the phone finder and cnet
> websites with reviews pretty handy.
>

> "Carl S. Moore" <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Good point... I'm hoping for the new V710 with bluetooth eventually,
> > so I'll see when they are available what the prices are. Any
suggestions
> > for best place on a new model phone? Sometimes ebay has good deals,
> > but not always.
> >
> > Carl
> >

> > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Why would you want a new contract? You can get as many phones cheaper
> > > WITHOUT a new contract, than verizon sells em for with a new contract,
> > > activate em on your current contract, and you don't have to change
your
> > > contract at all. Think of this, with the new plans being $60 more a
year
> > > ($120 for 2 years), than what you have now, why pay the extra every
> month
> > > just to get a one time skimpy savings on a phone?
> > >
> > > I honestly don't understand why anyone would get a phone AND a new
> > contract
> > > from Verizon for MORE than they can just pay for a phone by itself
> > > elsewhere, and keep on paying more every month for the privilege of
> > spending
> > > more. That seems similar to people getting a 10 cent off coupon if
they
> > buy
> > > something at full retail, rather than buy it elsewhere for 25 cents
off
> > and
> > > not use the coupon.

July 16, 2004 6:13:38 PM

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Carl S. Moore <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:
> > > can you get a new phone with a new 2 year contract, but
> > > keep the same plan as before? My older plan has enough
> > > minutes and is $5 cheaper than the new plans.
> >

> Why would you want a new contract? You can get as many phones cheaper
> WITHOUT a new contract, than verizon sells em for with a new contract,
> activate em on your current contract, and you don't have to change your
> contract at all. Think of this, with the new plans being $60 more a year
> ($120 for 2 years), than what you have now, why pay the extra every month
> just to get a one time skimpy savings on a phone?
>
> I honestly don't understand why anyone would get a phone AND a new
contract
> from Verizon for MORE than they can just pay for a phone by itself

I will tell you why I did it. My plan did not include "IN network". I got
new phones for $49/each AND was able to knock my plan down a few tiers
because of the unlimited m2m. So now my monthly bill is a lot LESS.

AND can you give me a place to get new vx4500s for $49.00 outright in case I
want to buy more?

> elsewhere, and keep on paying more every month for the privilege of
spending
> more. That seems similar to people getting a 10 cent off coupon if they
buy
> something at full retail, rather than buy it elsewhere for 25 cents off
and
> not use the coupon.

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 6:13:39 PM

George wrote:
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Why would you want a new contract? You can get as many phones cheaper
>> WITHOUT a new contract, than verizon sells em for with a new
>> contract, activate em on your current contract, and you don't have
>> to change your contract at all. Think of this, with the new plans
>> being $60 more a year ($120 for 2 years), than what you have now,
>> why pay the extra every month just to get a one time skimpy savings
>> on a phone?
>>
>> I honestly don't understand why anyone would get a phone AND a new
>> contract from Verizon for MORE than they can just pay for a phone by
>> itself
>

> I will tell you why I did it. My plan did not include "IN network". I
> got new phones for $49/each AND was able to knock my plan down a few
> tiers because of the unlimited m2m. So now my monthly bill is a lot
> LESS.
>
> AND can you give me a place to get new vx4500s for $49.00 outright in
> case I want to buy more?

You forgot to mention the warranty implications... Dealing with anything
that
*might* be a manufacturer defect for the first year is a matter of going to
local store and swapping it. Then if you go to eBay "New" can have some
interesting interpretations. Try calling LG and telling them you are sending
in a phone for warranty repair that you bought on eBay...

-Quick
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 6:13:40 PM

Quick wrote:
> You forgot to mention the warranty implications... Dealing with anything
> that
> *might* be a manufacturer defect for the first year is a matter of going to
> local store and swapping it. Then if you go to eBay "New" can have some
> interesting interpretations. Try calling LG and telling them you are sending
> in a phone for warranty repair that you bought on eBay...

If the phone isn't stolen and hasn't been physically abused, they have
no legal right to deny a warranty claim. They made it, they warranty
it, they better fix it or they're getting an attorney's teeth in their
asscheek.

JS
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 6:29:43 PM

Jacob Suter wrote:
> Quick wrote:
>> You forgot to mention the warranty implications... Dealing with
>> anything that
>> *might* be a manufacturer defect for the first year is a matter of
>> going to a
>> local store and swapping it. Then if you go to eBay "New" can have
>> some interesting interpretations. Try calling LG and telling them
>> you are sending in a phone for warranty repair that you bought on
>> eBay...
>
> If the phone isn't stolen and hasn't been physically abused, they have
> no legal right to deny a warranty claim. They made it, they warranty
> it, they better fix it or they're getting an attorney's teeth in their
> asscheek.

This all sounds very good theoretically... When exactly was the last
time you sicked your attorney on some large corporation over a $200
to $300 dispute? If you actually have done this then I might point out
that most of us don't have full time attorneys on our payroll.

-Quick
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 7:04:47 PM

"George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> AND can you give me a place to get new vx4500s for $49.00 outright in case
> want to buy more?

Obviously you are confused. The price you state was NOT the price for a no
contract outright <--(your word) phone purchase (internet only and new
contract required). That is the subsidized price WITH a contract (1 or 2
year), and the associated ETF. Did you read the fine print? it says in part
"All phone prices are offered only with activation of a new line of service
with Verizon Wireless". See the word **ONLY** in there? That means you can
ONLY get it with a contract, and the ETF adds $175 to the price of the
phone... so if you could even get it outright from verizon (start a new
contract and cancel it immediately), that makes it $224.99 + the first month
service. And then they also add in the words "only with activation of a new
line". From the web page, activation fees apply, $15 for two years, $35 for
one year. That makes it $224.99 + first month fee (about $35) + activation
$15 (two year) or $35 (one year). Minimum of 274.99 (theres a $50 discount
in there, but you have to keep verizon service for 6 - 8 weeks to get it, so
if canceling, add $50 to the price) so call it $324.99.

At any rate, that price is ONLY for phones with a contract, without one,
they are 229.99 at mobilecity.com, and even less elsewhere. Log on to the
verizon site, then vserv, activate it on the current contract for free.
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 8:13:53 PM

Peter Pan wrote:
> "George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> AND can you give me a place to get new vx4500s for $49.00 outright
>> in case I want to buy more?
>>

> Obviously you are confused. The price you state was NOT the price for
> a no contract outright <--(your word) phone purchase (internet only
> and new contract required). That is the subsidized price WITH a
> contract (1 or 2 year), and the associated ETF. Did you read the
> fine print? it says in part "All phone prices are offered only with
> activation of a new line of service with Verizon Wireless". See the
> word **ONLY** in there? That means you can ONLY get it with a
> contract, and the ETF adds $175 to the price of the phone... so if
> you could even get it outright from verizon (start a new contract and
> cancel it immediately), that makes it $224.99 + the first month
> service.

This is creative. I would imagine one would buy the phone intending
to use it? Wouldn't you want service for that?

> And then they also add in the words "only with activation of
> a new line". From the web page, activation fees apply, $15 for two
> years, $35 for one year. That makes it $224.99 + first month fee
> (about $35) + activation $15 (two year) or $35 (one year). Minimum of
> 274.99

So now you add in the activation fee? Are you implying that if I buy my
phone elsewhere they will activate it for free? Did you forget to add this
to the phone bought elsewhere? Is VZW now charging activation for
existing customers? I just got the daughter a phone with 1 year contract
extension discount and they didn't charge anything for activation. I am
under the impression that they only charge activation for new customers.
Is this incorrect?

> (theres a $50 discount in there, but you have to keep verizon
> service for 6 - 8 weeks to get it, so if canceling, add $50 to the
> price) so call it $324.99.

Yea... again this assumes that you bought the phone not wanting
service. Why would you do that? Why would one buy a new phone,
sign up for service and immediately cancel it? Possible but probably
not very likely. If you're that poor on planing you have larger problems.

So lets take the $324.99 minus the $35 gets us down to $289.99.
$289.99 minus the $50 because we'll assume that they actually
bought the phone to use it and we're down to $239.99.
Gee, they've had service long enough for their original contract term
to expire and want a new phone indicating that they are probably
OK with the service, their jobs, etc. so we could probably minus
the $175 ETF too. Lets say there is some probability that they
might cancel early so risk-adjusted we'll only minus $150 which
brings us down to $89.99.

Hmmm, we're over what we started with.... OH! that's right you
added in a nominal $35 for the first month's contract fee. Something
we wouldn't need with a phone bought elsewhere? They don't
pre-charge you a month's service when you extend you contract
term. Again, that's only for new customers? So yes, the price
for most people is actually $49.99. Of course for you, who plans
to cancel your service immediately upon purchasing your new phone,
buying elsewhere is probably the better deal.

> At any rate, that price is ONLY for phones with a contract, without
> one, they are 229.99 at mobilecity.com, and even less elsewhere. Log
> on to the verizon site, then vserv, activate it on the current contract
for free.

why bother? you have to cancel immediately to get your figures to work.

-Quick
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 12:46:52 AM

Quick wrote:

> This all sounds very good theoretically... When exactly was the last
> time you sicked your attorney on some large corporation over a $200
> to $300 dispute? If you actually have done this then I might point out
> that most of us don't have full time attorneys on our payroll.

Usually just a letter with the right wording does the trick... Beyond
that you'd be foolish to attempt anything more hardcore than small
claims court.

JS
July 17, 2004 12:54:06 AM

Jacob,

I don't disagree with you, but I think the bigger issue is proof of the date
of purchase/first service. You won't be able to provide those with an eBay
phone, and most companies will require proof that the phone isn't over a
year old before servicing it.

BTW, weren't you on the Ford Explorer newsgroup for a long time?

Dean
"Jacob Suter" <jsuter@intrastar.net> wrote in message
> Quick wrote:
> > You forgot to mention the warranty implications... Dealing with anything
> > that
> > *might* be a manufacturer defect for the first year is a matter of going
> > local store and swapping it. Then if you go to eBay "New" can have some
> > interesting interpretations. Try calling LG and telling them you are
sending
> > in a phone for warranty repair that you bought on eBay...
>
> If the phone isn't stolen and hasn't been physically abused, they have
> no legal right to deny a warranty claim. They made it, they warranty
> it, they better fix it or they're getting an attorney's teeth in their
> asscheek.
>
> JS

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 12:54:07 AM

Dean wrote:
> Jacob,
>
> I don't disagree with you, but I think the bigger issue is proof of the date
> of purchase/first service. You won't be able to provide those with an eBay
> phone, and most companies will require proof that the phone isn't over a
> year old before servicing it.

This is true - it'd be tagged to the manufacturing date/manufacturer's
shipping date most likely, which may or may not be acceptable. This is
how its done for hard drives. Unless you have proof of purchase, the
warranty starts about 2 months after the drive was manufacturered.

> BTW, weren't you on the Ford Explorer newsgroup for a long time?

Yep, still own it, but RAFE tends to get a bit boring. It turned into
the SOHC Timing Chain Rattle/HVAC Blend Door WhinerFest of 2000 and I
prety much quit posting.

JS
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 4:33:51 AM

Get out while you can pal. Verizon gives you NO benefits at all when it
comes to roll over minutes, earlier start nights, etc....not to mention the
very worst in phone selection totally!

"Jack" <jackmorNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
I need some advice, my AM Choice Family 300 contract expired this month and
I don't know what to do, my wife and I are very light users of the cell
phones, we have two lines with the old and reliable Motorola StarTAC phones,
we have all the extra batteries, home chargers and car cable adapters that
we need. I don't want to have to teach my wife how to use a new phone and
buy all the necessary accessories for the new phones.
What should I do now, can I get new contract with the option of changing the
phones in the future?
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 5:37:42 AM

Maybe, if you can get the ebay seller to give you the original
retail receipt showing date of purchase.

Jacob Suter wrote:

> Quick wrote:
>
>> You forgot to mention the warranty implications... Dealing with anything
>> that
>> *might* be a manufacturer defect for the first year is a matter of
>> going to
>> local store and swapping it. Then if you go to eBay "New" can have some
>> interesting interpretations. Try calling LG and telling them you are
>> sending
>> in a phone for warranty repair that you bought on eBay...
>

> If the phone isn't stolen and hasn't been physically abused, they have
> no legal right to deny a warranty claim. They made it, they warranty
> it, they better fix it or they're getting an attorney's teeth in their
> asscheek.
>
> JS

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 8:38:16 AM

> What do you think the subsidized price of that phone would be if he were
> to *extend* his contract 2 years without an activation fee (I don't think
> there
> would be one)?
>
> -Quick

It states very clearly that for most zip codes, it is $59 (NOT outright/no
contract) for that model for new users/existing users that extend their
contracts.
That specific price ($49) is a special for internet purchase only/new users.
That's what the response and numbers were based on.

Personally, I too have had a month 2 month contract for a lot of years, and
have just found that once in a while, they trick you, of course, since I
stopped caring about NE2, now I go for the freebies and extend the contract
when the freebies sound good. For instance, if you go for unlimited in
network rather than the old M2M 1000 minutes, it resets your new every 2
date! Since I started getting phones elsewhere (I have 8 of em now) and
activating them on my current contract (online via activate phone and ESN
change), I stopped caring about NE2, and life has been pretty good. One
other thing, if you have an older contract (prior to jan 1st 2004 in most
cases), you can activate almost any phone (including analog), but with new
or extended contracts, it is usually limited to digital, and if you have the
1X-MOU option on your account (lets you use your minutes for 1X/NA/Express
use), that was provided free on contracts started between July 15th 2003 and
Jan 1 2004, but no longer, you have to jump thru hoops to get it now when it
used to be free. I never recommend a person with no service look at other
phones only, but I have suggested that people with contracts already, or new
people get a contract/el cheapo phone to establish service, and then get a
second or spare phone with the features they want and activate it on an
existing contract.
Now a caveat here, I work for a computer repair place that also sells phones
(and does warranty work on the phones), and at times, I will take a new
phone/charge it up, activate it on my contract, and while on a computer
service call, take it to a potential buyer so they can try it out at their
workplace/home (amazing how many people like the fact that the computer
repair person lets them try their phone at work, and if it works, find a
computer problem at home so they can try it there also, and in the end also
sell em a phone (not to mention making money on two on-site computer service
calls)!)
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 8:53:00 AM

Assuming the OP is not able to extend his existing contract for another two
years and must get a new one, he will, by your own math, spend $120 more
over the course of two years. Using your example of a VX-4500,
$229-$49=$180, so the OP will end up *saving* $60 by getting a new contract
and a phone at the discount price. Come to think of it, he's probably
eligible for New Every 2 and will therefore not even pay the $49, so he
will actually save $109.

Your tired rant about not buying with a contract discount may be correct in
some cases but not this one.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:24:06 -0700, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> chose to add this top-post to the
great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

> (example,
>LG VX4500 $229 no contract, $49 with a 2 year contract, $170 more, but the
>OP will pay $200 more in two years).
>
>I like the stuff on ebay too, but until a phone is released, chances are it
>won't be there (or any sales website), I find the phone finder and cnet
>websites with reviews pretty handy.
>
>"Carl S. Moore" <csmNOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Good point... I'm hoping for the new V710 with bluetooth eventually,
>> so I'll see when they are available what the prices are. Any suggestions
>> for best place on a new model phone? Sometimes ebay has good deals,
>> but not always.
>>
>> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Why would you want a new contract? You can get as many phones cheaper
>> > WITHOUT a new contract, than verizon sells em for with a new contract,
>> > activate em on your current contract, and you don't have to change your
>> > contract at all. Think of this, with the new plans being $60 more a year
>> > ($120 for 2 years), than what you have now, why pay the extra every
>month
>> > just to get a one time skimpy savings on a phone?

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"I can do anything you want as long as I don't have to speak." - supermodel
Linda Evangelista (who once bragged that she wouldn't wake up for less than
$10,000)
Anonymous
July 17, 2004 8:56:45 PM

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 04:51:56 -0700, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102GSSPAMMENOT@NOSPAMHotmail.com> chose to add this to the great
equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>Well in this specific case David, you may want to wake up/smell the coffee/
>and learn to read English. That SPECIFIC price ($49 for a VX-4500) is
>internet only, and most important NEW USERS ONLY, and activation fee IS
>required. The regular price is $59 for existing users that extend their

Okay, so he will save $10 less than I said he would. The point is, he will
still save.

>contract, but NEW users only/at that price/get zapped. More important, note
>that what he asked, is WRONG! He claimed a new phone no contract for $49. it
>does **NOT** say that.
>
>I see you replied to a post that has absolutely nothing to do with what the
>op said...
>Specifically, on THAT post, the person had said "AND can you give me a place
>to get new vx4500s for $49.00 outright in case I want to buy more?"

The person who said that was not the OP, he was someone else who
occasionally gets fed up with your over-the-top screaming of your
insensible opinions at people.

>That specific price ($49) is internet only/new contract price/activation
>fees apply. It is $59 ($10 more) for the regular website price.

Actually, what the OP said he wanted is a V710, which isn't available yet.
*You* are the one who introduced the 4500 into the discussion.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Suddenly, people were taking a hard look at many of the so-called 'facts'
reported by the so-called 'New York Times,' which -- we now know -- is
actually written in Zanesville, Ohio, by the same four-person staff that
puts out the Muskingum County Weekly Harbinger-Prognosticator."
- Dave Barry
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 3:15:32 PM

"David S" <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message

you are such a STUPID FRIGGEN IDIOT!
This is USENET! People reply from all over depending on what their server
has at the moment. You are assuming that someone jumps into a conversation,
when in fact, the reply may not have been posted to their server yet at the
time another reply was started.

All your babbling has proved is that you are one of the stupidest people I
have ever seen online, and you have a very distorted view of reality.
I suggest you go back to whatever drugs you are obviously on to distort
reality, and make you such an idiot.
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 10:55:05 PM

Peter Pan wrote:
> "David S" <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
>
> you are such a STUPID FRIGGEN IDIOT!
> This is USENET! People reply from all over depending on what their
> server has at the moment. You are assuming that someone jumps into a
> conversation, when in fact, the reply may not have been posted to
> their server yet at the time another reply was started.
>
> All your babbling has proved is that you are one of the stupidest
> people I have ever seen online, and you have a very distorted view of
> reality.
> I suggest you go back to whatever drugs you are obviously on to
> distort reality, and make you such an idiot.

Have we strayed a bit from the cost of VZW phones?

-Quick
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 6:08:16 AM

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:55:05 GMT, "Quick" <Quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>Peter Pan wrote:
>> "David S" <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>> you are such a STUPID FRIGGEN IDIOT!
>> This is USENET! People reply from all over depending on what their
>> server has at the moment. You are assuming that someone jumps into a
>> conversation, when in fact, the reply may not have been posted to
>> their server yet at the time another reply was started.
>>
>> All your babbling has proved is that you are one of the stupidest
>> people I have ever seen online, and you have a very distorted view of
>> reality.
>> I suggest you go back to whatever drugs you are obviously on to
>> distort reality, and make you such an idiot.
>
>Have we strayed a bit from the cost of VZW phones?

We have strayed from the truth far enough that PeePee won't have to face it
and admit that he's wrong.

Notice how he doesn't try to refute my facts, just calls me a STUPID
FRIGGEN IDIOT and accuses me of using mind-altering pharmaceuticals?

The fact remains that he was the first to mention the vx4500, almost 17
hours before George did.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Level, please." - Excelsior's turbolift
"Transporter room." - Scotty
"Thank you."
"Up yer shaft."
!