Sign in with
Your question

Stupid hardware acceleration

Last response: in Video Games
December 30, 2009 4:29:42 PM

Hey guys i wanted to record some gameplay with a screen recorder i've used different recorders...Camstudio camtasia hypercam but none of them will record my game play they either record my desktop or a black screen.

i've realized that is hardware acceleration but when i try to disable it in vista. (what i have) it says

"Your current display driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings"

I used dxdiag or whatever and it says its enabled but i cant turn it off? Any help guys my intel graphics card settings dont say anything about 3d acceleration or anything.

I also tried looks for the registry setting with it but i cant find the one for hardware acceleration.

Please help. Stupid hardware acceleration.
December 31, 2009 12:36:04 AM

What gfx card do you have?
m
l
December 31, 2009 4:52:13 PM

Ma'b he's running the programs as two different users?

If your screen recorder is running as one user and your other program as another user, it probably won't let your interact/record what another user is doing.

I know when I patch World of Wacraft, it prompts me to elevate my user and when it does, it runs as admin. Since WoW is now running as admin, when it restarts and I go back in, Vent won't work anymore.

The problem was WoW was running as Admin and Vent was running as my user, so Vent couldn't sense the push-to-talk button since it was being pushed on the admin account.
m
l
!