I am a new user and am having problems opening mail with attachments.they
always come upblank, i have outlook express.Is it with my settings?

By default both Outlook and Outlook express prevent attachements from being
both saved and/or opened. This is for security reasons.
The best thing to do is open outlook express click on tools on the main
toolbar and then click options. In the options window click the Security
tab. You will see an option marked 'Do not allow attachements to be saved or
opened that could potentially be a virus' To disable this feature click on
the box on the left of the option to remove the check mark and then click
OK.
Just remember to only open/save attachements from reliable sources.
Attachments are an easy way of spreading viruses, so do be careful.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..