bill

Hi i have a question how do i copy a program in my computer to c.d but i dont
have the program on c.d the program came with the computer.
--
Bill

Bill wrote:
> Hi i have a question how do i copy a program in my computer to c.d but i dont
> have the program on c.d the program came with the computer.

You very probably can't, unless it's a single simple, self-contained
executable file. If it's a standard WinXP-compatible application,
however, there'll be dozens of hidden systems files and an untold number
of registry entries that would also have to be transferred.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

dl

You cannot copy a program from your pc, you would need the installation cd,
which you can copy.(maybe provided it has no copy protection)
When you install a program from cd it place files in various locations on
your sys, it also amends/updates the registry.

Any software installed on your pc should have been supplied also on cd,
assuming you purchased a new sys.Though some suppliers use a hidden recovery
partition. If you purchased a used pc then its up to you to ensure you get
all software cd's.