Undo "Windows Logo Testing"

September 11, 2005 11:31:06 PM

Trying to install Oxford OX16CF950 compactflash/PCMCIA adapter. In XP, got to
the scare message about drivers not been digitally signed for windows
compatability. So I stopped the installation and attempted to find updated
drivers with no luck. Now I cannot get the scare message so I can continue to
install the drivers. Even tried a "restore" with same results.
--
Its a smaller world every day
Anonymous

gREg wrote:
> Trying to install Oxford OX16CF950 compactflash/PCMCIA adapter. In XP, got to
> the scare message about drivers not been digitally signed for windows
> compatability. So I stopped the installation and attempted to find updated
> drivers with no luck. Now I cannot get the scare message so I can continue to
> install the drivers. Even tried a "restore" with same results.

Next time, read the installation instructions. There might not
even be a Microsoft digitally signed driver file. Note that it
is the device maker for programs the drivers...not Microsoft. It
will provide a Windows certification if it meets the standards.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 13, 2005 1:22:26 AM

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:52:19 -0700, GHalleck
<ghalleck@arrakian.mining.com> wrote:

>gREg wrote:
>> Trying to install Oxford OX16CF950 compactflash/PCMCIA adapter. In XP, got to
>> the scare message about drivers not been digitally signed for windows
>> compatability. So I stopped the installation and attempted to find updated
>> drivers with no luck. Now I cannot get the scare message so I can continue to
>> install the drivers. Even tried a "restore" with same results.
>

>Next time, read the installation instructions. There might not
>even be a Microsoft digitally signed driver file. Note that it
>is the device maker for programs the drivers...not Microsoft. It
>will provide a Windows certification if it meets the standards.
And if the manufacturer pays for the privilege.
MH
Related resources
September 15, 2005 11:04:01 PM

I am not trying to get the official signed drivers. I am trying to get the
unofficial version installed.
The 1st time I got the error/stop warning message.
This next installation attempt, I would like the error messasge to show up,
but it won't.

HOW DO I get it to SHOW.
--

"GHalleck" wrote:

> gREg wrote:
> > Trying to install Oxford OX16CF950 compactflash/PCMCIA adapter. In XP, got to
> > the scare message about drivers not been digitally signed for windows
> > compatability. So I stopped the installation and attempted to find updated
> > drivers with no luck. Now I cannot get the scare message so I can continue to
> > install the drivers. Even tried a "restore" with same results.
>

> Next time, read the installation instructions. There might not
> even be a Microsoft digitally signed driver file. Note that it
> is the device maker for programs the drivers...not Microsoft. It
> will provide a Windows certification if it meets the standards.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 16, 2005 2:41:26 AM

Go to Control Panel and double click on System.
Click on the Hardware tab.
Click on the Driver signing button.
See if it's set to Warn.

Nepatsfan