System Restore with XP Propessional

When trying to use System Restore, I'm told to System Restore is not able to
protect the computer, restart the computer. I restart and continually get
the same message.
Help please.
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore propessional

    Hi

    That error message would suggest that one or more of the System Restore
    files have become corrupt. You can try turning SR off/on, although you will
    lose all existing checkpoints:

    Right click on My Computer and select Properties>System Restore. Enable
    'Turn off System Restore on all drives' - then reboot your PC. Go back into
    SR and disable 'Turn off...' and then reboot again. After the second reboot
    you should have one new checkpoint and SR should work properly after that.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    "tvans" <tvans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When trying to use System Restore, I'm told to System Restore is not able
    > protect the computer, restart the computer. I restart and continually
    > get
    > the same message.
    > Help please.

    Check here for info on troubleshooting System Restore
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srfail.html

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "tvans" <tvans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When trying to use System Restore, I'm told to System Restore is not able
    > protect the computer, restart the computer. I restart and continually
    get
    > the same message.
    > Help please.

Computers System Restore Windows XP