WinXP pro wont install on AMD 64 3700

September 12, 2005 11:24:16 PM

Hello folks,

I have the following specs:

Lan Party N f4 Ultra D Motherboard.
160 GB SATA HD as SATA 1
512 DDR 400 Megabyte of RAM on Dimm Slot 2 (because it is only one
module as the instruction manual says it must be there to work correctly)
EIDE CD - ROM 52x as Primary master.
EIDE ROCIH DVD as Primary slave.
GForce 6800 Ultra on PCI - E.
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939 socket.

The problem is when I install Windows XP Pro 32 bit version. It does not
seem to see my SATA 160 GB hard drive? Now I have just saw a floppy disk
that says 'SATA RAID Driver Disk nVIDUA nf4 Silicon Image 3114 Rev 1.0'
I am assuming this must be installed in order to work but how can I
install the disk if I have no OS on my blank SATA 160 GB HD!

I did notice something during the installation as Windows XP ask if you
'Press F6 if you want to install a third party SCSI or Raid device' or
Automatic Recovery. I dont know what these options are?

Any advice of wisdom would be appreaciated.

Bob
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 11:24:17 PM

Usually with SATA must with RAID,one presses F6 for controller drivers to be
installed,the floppy may have up to 4 options,youd select silicon image 3114
for xp,after youve pressed S (to select drivers from floppy),its press S then
select,press s again,select,then press enter key,xp cd restarts.
Also,did you know microsoft has/had a xp 32 bit trade in for the xp 64 bit,at
no charge,you might chk it out...

"Boaby" wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have the following specs:
>
> Lan Party N f4 Ultra D Motherboard.
> 160 GB SATA HD as SATA 1
> 512 DDR 400 Megabyte of RAM on Dimm Slot 2 (because it is only one
> module as the instruction manual says it must be there to work correctly)
> EIDE CD - ROM 52x as Primary master.
> EIDE ROCIH DVD as Primary slave.
> GForce 6800 Ultra on PCI - E.
> AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939 socket.
>
> The problem is when I install Windows XP Pro 32 bit version. It does not
> seem to see my SATA 160 GB hard drive? Now I have just saw a floppy disk
> that says 'SATA RAID Driver Disk nVIDUA nf4 Silicon Image 3114 Rev 1.0'
> I am assuming this must be installed in order to work but how can I
> install the disk if I have no OS on my blank SATA 160 GB HD!
>
> I did notice something during the installation as Windows XP ask if you
> 'Press F6 if you want to install a third party SCSI or Raid device' or
> Automatic Recovery. I dont know what these options are?
>
> Any advice of wisdom would be appreaciated.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 3:58:47 PM

Early in the install when there comes this "Press F6 to install..." you
press F6 with that diskette in A: (!!)
It will take quite a while before it reads it, but eventually it will ask
what driver you want ....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group