WinXP pro wont install on AMD 64 3700

Hello folks,

I have the following specs:

Lan Party N f4 Ultra D Motherboard.
160 GB SATA HD as SATA 1
512 DDR 400 Megabyte of RAM on Dimm Slot 2 (because it is only one
module as the instruction manual says it must be there to work correctly)
EIDE CD - ROM 52x as Primary master.
EIDE ROCIH DVD as Primary slave.
GForce 6800 Ultra on PCI - E.
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939 socket.

The problem is when I install Windows XP Pro 32 bit version. It does not
seem to see my SATA 160 GB hard drive? Now I have just saw a floppy disk
that says 'SATA RAID Driver Disk nVIDUA nf4 Silicon Image 3114 Rev 1.0'
I am assuming this must be installed in order to work but how can I
install the disk if I have no OS on my blank SATA 160 GB HD!

I did notice something during the installation as Windows XP ask if you
'Press F6 if you want to install a third party SCSI or Raid device' or
Automatic Recovery. I dont know what these options are?

Any advice of wisdom would be appreaciated.

Bob
2 answers Last reply
More about winxp wont install 3700

    Usually with SATA must with RAID,one presses F6 for controller drivers to be
    installed,the floppy may have up to 4 options,youd select silicon image 3114
    for xp,after youve pressed S (to select drivers from floppy),its press S then
    select,press s again,select,then press enter key,xp cd restarts.
    Also,did you know microsoft has/had a xp 32 bit trade in for the xp 64 bit,at
    no charge,you might chk it out...

    "Boaby" wrote:

    > Hello folks,
    >
    > I have the following specs:
    >
    > Lan Party N f4 Ultra D Motherboard.
    > 160 GB SATA HD as SATA 1
    > 512 DDR 400 Megabyte of RAM on Dimm Slot 2 (because it is only one
    > module as the instruction manual says it must be there to work correctly)
    > EIDE CD - ROM 52x as Primary master.
    > EIDE ROCIH DVD as Primary slave.
    > GForce 6800 Ultra on PCI - E.
    > AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939 socket.
    >
    > The problem is when I install Windows XP Pro 32 bit version. It does not
    > seem to see my SATA 160 GB hard drive? Now I have just saw a floppy disk
    > that says 'SATA RAID Driver Disk nVIDUA nf4 Silicon Image 3114 Rev 1.0'
    > I am assuming this must be installed in order to work but how can I
    > install the disk if I have no OS on my blank SATA 160 GB HD!
    >
    > I did notice something during the installation as Windows XP ask if you
    > 'Press F6 if you want to install a third party SCSI or Raid device' or
    > Automatic Recovery. I dont know what these options are?
    >
    > Any advice of wisdom would be appreaciated.
    >
    > Bob

    Early in the install when there comes this "Press F6 to install..." you
    press F6 with that diskette in A: (!!)
    It will take quite a while before it reads it, but eventually it will ask
    what driver you want ....

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Boaby" <boabyboy@atsdfdotlonestardot.org> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > I have the following specs:
    >
    > Lan Party N f4 Ultra D Motherboard.
    > 160 GB SATA HD as SATA 1
    > 512 DDR 400 Megabyte of RAM on Dimm Slot 2 (because it is only one
    > module as the instruction manual says it must be there to work correctly)
    > EIDE CD - ROM 52x as Primary master.
    > EIDE ROCIH DVD as Primary slave.
    > GForce 6800 Ultra on PCI - E.
    > AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939 socket.
    >
    > The problem is when I install Windows XP Pro 32 bit version. It does not
    > seem to see my SATA 160 GB hard drive? Now I have just saw a floppy disk
    > that says 'SATA RAID Driver Disk nVIDUA nf4 Silicon Image 3114 Rev 1.0'
    > I am assuming this must be installed in order to work but how can I
    > install the disk if I have no OS on my blank SATA 160 GB HD!
    >
    > I did notice something during the installation as Windows XP ask if you
    > 'Press F6 if you want to install a third party SCSI or Raid device' or
    > Automatic Recovery. I dont know what these options are?
    >
    > Any advice of wisdom would be appreaciated.
    >
    > Bob

SATA Windows XP