explorer

i have new computer with xp,has norton.it has recently been crashing when i
am using internet explorer.there are other users on my computer.i keep anti
virus and windows update regular.can i load another type of anti virus
on,just incase.any suggestions,plz
--
jo68
1 answer Last reply

    Hi,

    IE crashing is usually caused by a bad plug-in. With Internet Explorer
    closed, go to the control panel/Internet Options and click on the programs
    tab. Near the bottom, click 'manage add-ons'. In the list that appears,
    click on each non-microsoft listing and then on the bottom left disable it.
    Continue until you complete examining the entire list. Apply/ok your way
    out, then reboot the system.

    Now open Internet Explorer and see if you are still having the problem. If
    not, then you know it was one of the ones you disabled. You can further
    isolate it by reenabling a few at a time until the trouble starts again.
    Once you know which one is the problem, you can either leave it disabled or
    remove it from the system.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "winddancer" <winddancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i have new computer with xp,has norton.it has recently been crashing when i
    > am using internet explorer.there are other users on my computer.i keep
    > anti
    > virus and windows update regular.can i load another type of anti virus
    > on,just incase.any suggestions,plz
    > --
    > jo68

Computers Explorer Windows XP