Battlefield Bad Company 2

SippyCupXIII

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Hello all,

I have recently just looked at the PC requirements for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and was a little shocked. I am VERY excited for this game but after seeing the recommended specs, I am a little worried I wont be able to play it overly well. I could be freaking out a little bit since I have a pretty decent computer but the recommended specs just seem a little high to me but that is just my opinion.

Here is my computer specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Motherboard: MSI P7N SLI Platinum
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad q9550
Memory: 8gb G.Skill DDR2 pc6400
Graphics Card: (2x)1gb EVGA Geforce GTS 250
Physx Card: 512mb EVGA Geforce 9800GT
Sound Card: VIA Envy24HF
Hard Drive: 80gb/(2x)500gb Western Digital IDE
Power Supply: Thermaltake 850watt TR2 RX

I do have my processor oc'ed to 3.4ghz (400x8.5) so I know that will help a little bit.

So what does everyone think? I usually run games basically maxed out at 1920x1080 with no aa/af. If I cant run it fully maxed out that is fine, as long as i am not running it on low at 1024x768....lol. I am sure having the 9800gt for dedicated Physx will help out a lot since after I added that card my avg. fps in the Cryostasis benchmark went from 40.3 to 57.1. So please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!
Chris Stickles

welshmousepk

Distinguished
the destructable environements will really hit sub-par procs hard, the specs are high because that sort of stuff is very intensive.

you can play the game, but anyone who doesnt have a very good precessor WILL get bad framerates when theres alot being destroyed.

play red faction guerilla, it will give you an idea of how destructable terrain can effect a CPU. now imagine that on a bigger scale, with more people, and more stuff to blow up...

SippyCupXIII

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Yeah......might have to download the Red Faction demo to see how my comp stands up. One thing that I think will help though that Red Faction doesnt use Nvidia Physx from the looks of the Physx website. So I am assuming your CPU does all the work but I am not sure. Bad Company 2 supports Nvidia Physx so that should take a lot of stress off you CPU/GPU if you have a dedicated Physx card. So hopefully it will help performance out quite of bit. What does everyone else think?

welshmousepk

Distinguished
if im correct, the PHYSX usuage in BF2 doesnt apply to all in game physics. up until now physx has been mostly a gimmick, i would be surprised if it were suddenly taking on such a large task. i imagine it will take on some secondary processing, or patricle physx. but to take on the destruction would bog down most video cards, and nvidia wouldnt want people complaining that the game wont run on nvidia systems...