How to fix Runtime error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

To the point, I was running a program.
I got the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
Runtime error!

Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?

My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.

TIA. Craig

Byte

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when you open an HTML
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325117

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307817
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Craig" wrote:

> To the point, I was running a program.
> I got the following error:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
> Runtime error!
>
> Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
>
> My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
>
> TIA. Craig

seth

that's an error in the program
unless you are a developer and have visual studio or visual c++ and you can
debug it yourself, not much you can do except contact tech support for that
application

could be an issue with the application, or something else that's installed
that's conflicting with the application...could be a few possibilities

"Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To the point, I was running a program.
> I got the following error:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
> Runtime error!
>
> Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
>
> My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
>
> TIA. Craig

Hi,
The Google toolbar has been causing the C++ Runtime error recently. Try
uninstalling the Google toolbar. You may be able to reinstall it- you may
want to wait for a newer version.

If running IE6 SP2, try IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see if
one of them is the culprit. If not using SP2, try one of these free
programs:
ToolbarCop: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
BHODemon 2.0: http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

Another program, possibly malware, might be causing this. See these sites
for help:
See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Craig" <machocraig[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To the point, I was running a program.
> I got the following error:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
> Runtime error!
>
> Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
>
> My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
>
> TIA. Craig

Craig

Hi Don,

Indeed Google toolbar was the culprit. When it was uninstalled, no more
runtime error.
Thanks for your tip.
Regards,

Craig

> Hi,
> The Google toolbar has been causing the C++ Runtime error recently. Try
> uninstalling the Google toolbar. You may be able to reinstall it- you may
> want to wait for a newer version.
>
> If running IE6 SP2, try IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see
> if
> one of them is the culprit. If not using SP2, try one of these free
> programs:
> ToolbarCop: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
> BHODemon 2.0: http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm
>
> Another program, possibly malware, might be causing this. See these sites
> for help:
> See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
> What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE/OE]
>
> "Craig" <machocraig[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> To the point, I was running a program.
>> I got the following error:
>>
>> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
>> Runtime error!
>>
>> Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
>>
>> My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
>>
>> TIA. Craig

jordan973

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Don is right.Certain runtime errors indicating a Visual C++ runtime error has occurred in IE can be resolved by resetting your Internet Explorer settings. In your case, removing the google toolbar solved the issue.

Sometimes they indicate that there is a problem in the program but several runtime error codes can be dealt with on the user’s end. Depending on the code, there are different techniques to resolve the errors.

Runtime errors occur when a program you are using encounters programming issues – depending on the application that you’re running, the fix will vary. Here are some suggestions to fix runtime error commonly occurring on Windows Vista and XP.