Closed

How to fix Runtime error!

To the point, I was running a program.
I got the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
Runtime error!

Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?

My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.

TIA. Craig
7 answers Last reply
More about runtime error

    "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when you open an HTML
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325117

    "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" error
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307817
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "Craig" wrote:

    > To the point, I was running a program.
    > I got the following error:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
    > Runtime error!
    >
    > Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
    >
    > My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
    >
    > TIA. Craig

    that's an error in the program
    unless you are a developer and have visual studio or visual c++ and you can
    debug it yourself, not much you can do except contact tech support for that
    application

    could be an issue with the application, or something else that's installed
    that's conflicting with the application...could be a few possibilities

    "Craig" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > To the point, I was running a program.
    > I got the following error:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
    > Runtime error!
    >
    > Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
    >
    > My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
    >
    > TIA. Craig

    Hi,
    The Google toolbar has been causing the C++ Runtime error recently. Try
    uninstalling the Google toolbar. You may be able to reinstall it- you may
    want to wait for a newer version.

    If running IE6 SP2, try IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see if
    one of them is the culprit. If not using SP2, try one of these free
    programs:
    ToolbarCop: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
    BHODemon 2.0: http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

    Another program, possibly malware, might be causing this. See these sites
    for help:
    See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
    What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx

    Hope this helps,
    Don
    [MS MVP- IE/OE]

    "Craig" <machocraig[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > To the point, I was running a program.
    > I got the following error:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
    > Runtime error!
    >
    > Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
    >
    > My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
    >
    > TIA. Craig

    Hi Don,

    Indeed Google toolbar was the culprit. When it was uninstalled, no more
    runtime error.
    Thanks for your tip.
    Regards,

    Craig

    > Hi,
    > The Google toolbar has been causing the C++ Runtime error recently. Try
    > uninstalling the Google toolbar. You may be able to reinstall it- you may
    > want to wait for a newer version.
    >
    > If running IE6 SP2, try IE> Tools> Manage add-ons. Disable add-ons to see
    > if
    > one of them is the culprit. If not using SP2, try one of these free
    > programs:
    > ToolbarCop: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
    > BHODemon 2.0: http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm
    >
    > Another program, possibly malware, might be causing this. See these sites
    > for help:
    > See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    > The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
    > More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    > Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
    > What you can do about spyware and other unwanted software:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/spywarewhat.mspx
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Don
    > [MS MVP- IE/OE]
    >
    > "Craig" <machocraig[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> To the point, I was running a program.
    >> I got the following error:
    >>
    >> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
    >> Runtime error!
    >>
    >> Could someone advise me how to fix this runtime error?
    >>
    >> My OS is WinXP Pro /SP2.
    >>
    >> TIA. Craig

  5. I found a good article about fixing runtime errors at the computer error guide.

    It recommended running a registry cleaner program to fix runtime errors. Does this sound right?
  6. Don is right.Certain runtime errors indicating a Visual C++ runtime error has occurred in IE can be resolved by resetting your Internet Explorer settings. In your case, removing the google toolbar solved the issue.

    Sometimes they indicate that there is a problem in the program but several runtime error codes can be dealt with on the user’s end. Depending on the code, there are different techniques to resolve the errors.

    Runtime errors occur when a program you are using encounters programming issues – depending on the application that you’re running, the fix will vary. Here are some suggestions to fix runtime error commonly occurring on Windows Vista and XP.

Microsoft Runtime Windows XP