asus p4c800e deluxe not seeing cpu

deadbuddha

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2003
hello there, are there any known problems with this mother board?
its brand new, with a 400 psu, i just put it together and the speaker voice said that its not registering the cpu.

the cpu is a pentium 2.6 ghz.

any help would be appreciated.

ithian1

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
when you load up the computer do you get the the posting screen.....? or did you just plugg your speakers into the mobo ?

deadbuddha

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2003
i've already tried resetting the cpu and the ram(will probably try again)
havent touched the cmos though or battery
man i was so freaking happy when i bought it and when i was putting it together, now i cant even go to the store till monday.

ithian1

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
try re- seating the CPU.

make sure the gold arrow is in the right corner and make sure the lever is all the way up before you put it in and all the way down when your done.

then make sure the heatsink and fan are cliped in all the way before you clamp them down <-----(my mistake)

then try it again

Newbie237

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
also, make sure that none of the PINs of the CPU are bent (ig they are, use a plier to get them straight again). If only one is not correctly inserted into the socket, the CPU might not be recognized.

"640K ought to be enough for anyone." - Bill Gates, 1981

ithian1

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2003
yup mines working now. just had to re-seat the chip, heh i plugged in my speakers and hear the voice msg

deadbuddha

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2003
found out the problem.
it turned out i installed it the wrong way, got lucky and didnt burn it hehe.

remember to put separators between the motherboard and the case, if not the board can get fried.
if you dont know how to put them get someone who does.