I recently purchased a new computer with XP2 and Office 2003 Basic
installed. I have about 60 or so fonts available. My wife's computer
also has XP2, but with Office 2000 Small Business edition. She has
access to more than 300 fonts, which makes it difficult for me to work
with some Word docs she emails to me. Is there any easy way for me to
get additional fonts, or do I have to ask my wife to give up her extra 240?

Naaman

"Naaman" <nnickell@vtc.net> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a new computer with XP2 and Office 2003 Basic
>installed. I have about 60 or so fonts available. My wife's computer also
>has XP2, but with Office 2000 Small Business edition. She has access to
>more than 300 fonts, which makes it difficult for me to work with some Word
>docs she emails to me. Is there any easy way for me to get additional
>fonts, or do I have to ask my wife to give up her extra 240?
>
> Naaman
Assuming there are no license restrictions on the fonts, open the e-mail
program on her computer, choose Attach, and browse to the Fonts folder in
the Windows folder (or WINNT) and attach the fonts needed. Send them to your
computer, save the fonts and drag them to the Fonts folder. They will
install automatically.

In news:eKlu66LuFHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Chuck Davis <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> typed:

> "Naaman" <nnickell@vtc.net> wrote in message
>> I recently purchased a new computer with XP2 and Office 2003
>> Basic
>> installed. I have about 60 or so fonts available. My wife's
>> computer
>> also has XP2, but with Office 2000 Small Business edition. She
>> has
>> access to more than 300 fonts, which makes it difficult for me
>> work with some Word docs she emails to me. Is there any easy
>> way for
>> me to get additional fonts, or do I have to ask my wife to
>> give up
>> her extra 240? Naaman
> Assuming there are no license restrictions on the fonts, open
> the
> e-mail program on her computer, choose Attach, and browse to
> the
> Fonts folder in the Windows folder (or WINNT) and attach the
> fonts
> needed. Send them to your computer, save the fonts and drag
> them to
> the Fonts folder. They will install automatically.

Alternatively, burn them to a CD or put them on a thumb drive and
bring them to your computer.

How you get them to your computer isn't the issue, and installing
them once you get them is easy.

Please reply to the newsgroup