anti virus causes crash

September 14, 2005 2:47:20 AM

My computer (Dell Dimension 4600 XP) crashed after installing anti virus
program "Defender Pro 5-in-1". example, first, every few minutes I kept
getting a message that my computer was at risk a I needed to upgrade the
virus protection even after I upgraded. And then the program would not stop
staking windows on my screen, "a stking error I guess they call it" until I
was finally able to uninstall it.

More about : anti virus crash

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:47:21 AM

"M Farnam" <mkfarnam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o QxHG$OuFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> My computer (Dell Dimension 4600 XP) crashed after installing anti virus
> program "Defender Pro 5-in-1". example, first, every few minutes I kept
> getting a message that my computer was at risk a I needed to upgrade the
> virus protection even after I upgraded. And then the program would not
> stop staking windows on my screen, "a stking error I guess they call it"
> until I was finally able to uninstall it.

You need to buy a reputable, mainstream antivirus suite.
Stay away from the lesser-knowns, such as the one you have.

With Computer Security, you get what you pay for...

Bobby
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 10:52:13 PM

Defender Pro 5-in-1 is a dolled-up version of Kaspersky AV with firewall,
pop-up blocker, anti-spam, etc.: http://www.defender-pro.com/index.php

What AV was installed prior to Defender Pro? Were you having problems with
it or anything else on the machine? Did you uninstall it before installing
Defender Pro?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

!