digital camera as a web cam

Is it possible to use a digital camera as a web cam?
3 answers Last reply
More about digital camera

    That's camera dependent, some can, MOST (98% ?) don't

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "gruven" <gruven@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Is it possible to use a digital camera as a web cam?

    gruven,
    Many digital cameras come with software and drivers that will enable it to be used as a webcam.
    1. You may want to go to the camera's website, and get any driver/software updates that may be applicaple.
    a. Sometimes camera makers will have a driver upgrade, to handle changes that the messenger (MSN, Yahoo, AIM) services have made, recently.
    2. Your only drawback, that I can see, is that you will need to purchase an AC adapter to provide constant power to the camera. If it is not included with the camera package. Or you will go through many batteries.

    I have a Fuji Digital camera, that came with a base that recharges the camera's batteries, and acts as a stand for webcam use.

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    "gruven" <gruven@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Is it possible to use a digital camera as a web cam?

    I have a Canon IXUS V3
    No special soft ware required
    just plugged it in to the USB as if i was going to down load some pics and
    turned it on
    hey presto - worked as webcam
    only problem - it has built in standby (that I haven't found a way to turn
    off) and after 5 mins it powers down
    and i need to turn the camera back on
    "Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > That's camera dependent, some can, MOST (98% ?) don't
    >

    > --
    > Tumppi
    > Reply to group
    > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
    > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
    > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
    >

    > "gruven" <gruven@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    >> Is it possible to use a digital camera as a web cam?

Cameras Microsoft Windows XP