Sign in with
Your question

Crysis Crashes

Last response: in Video Games
January 2, 2010 1:34:52 AM

I recently bought a copy of Crysis, and installed it, and for a while it seemed to work very well. However, that was before I got very far into it. If any of you have played the game, this will be much easier to understand. Ok, so remeber during the part right after you find the boat near the beginning of the game, when the alien thing pops out and grabs Jester, and then you have to chase after him? Ok, whenever I play that part, when I find him, the game crashes. I've tried lowering my graphics settings, reinstalling the game, and trying it with and without the 1.2 patch. Nothing works, it still crashes when I find Jester. I get an error message that says, "Crysis has stopped working". I am running windows 7 64-bit, and I am running the 64-bit version of the game. It hasn't given me any problems before this, except sometimes it crashes when I try to return to the main menu from the game. All of my drivers are up to date. Please help!

More about : crysis crashes

January 2, 2010 1:40:42 AM

when you find him, it initiates a cut-scene. the first thing that springs to mind is a mising file required for that FMV.

have you tried reinstalling the game? and are you playing from the 32 or 64-bit executable? i kno the crysis 64bit exe is supposed to be broken. though i havn;t tried it.

m
l
January 2, 2010 7:52:26 PM

Thanks, I found out that it was a problem with the drivers. The latest drivers wouldn't work with it, so I'm just going to use an older version of the driver until it's fixed.
m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2010 1:47:02 AM

Nevermind, It's still not working. I found out that a better description of the problem would be that it will not change levels, as in when I finish level 1, it doesn't load level 2.
m
l
January 3, 2010 2:23:02 AM

then some of your game files are corrupted...
m
l
January 3, 2010 2:34:09 AM

so, back to original idea then. re-install?
m
l
!