I'm trying to post a message to the stationery news group.
I've subscribed but when I try to send a message I get an error message that
says "Message could not be sent. No sender(that's me) was specified. Check
your account configuration." How do I configure the account?

Open Outlook Express and check the server information. The server is
msnews.microsoft.com. It does not require a log-in, i.e. it is a public
server.

Next, add an e-mail account.you can use one that your Internet provider made
available to you or any
other that has pop/SMTP servers. The e-mail account will be used to send
your messages to the news host.

For more details, check
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259405

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Adam50000" <Adam50000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to post a message to the stationery news group.

> I've subscribed but when I try to send a message I get an error message
that
> says "Message could not be sent. No sender(that's me) was specified.
Check
> your account configuration." How do I configure the account?

"Adam50000" <Adam50000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to post a message to the stationery news group.
> I've subscribed but when I try to send a message I get an error
> message that says "Message could not be sent. No sender(that's me)
> was specified. Check your account configuration." How do I
> configure the account?

In OE go to Tools | Accounts and double click the account. Make sure that
Name is filled in and that Email Address has a valid entry.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

It seems you aren't using newsgroups but MS's web portal to them. At least for this post but you give a news link??????

If you are using IE go Tools - Accounts - Properties and fill in your email address.