Sending new message to newsgroup

I'm trying to post a message to the stationery news group.
I've subscribed but when I try to send a message I get an error message that
says "Message could not be sent. No sender(that's me) was specified. Check
your account configuration." How do I configure the account?
3 answers Last reply
More about sending message newsgroup

    Open Outlook Express and check the server information. The server is
    msnews.microsoft.com. It does not require a log-in, i.e. it is a public
    server.

    Next, add an e-mail account.you can use one that your Internet provider made
    available to you or any
    other that has pop/SMTP servers. The e-mail account will be used to send
    your messages to the news host.

    For more details, check
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259405

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Adam50000" <Adam50000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to post a message to the stationery news group.

    > I've subscribed but when I try to send a message I get an error message
    that
    > says "Message could not be sent. No sender(that's me) was specified.
    Check
    > your account configuration." How do I configure the account?

    "Adam50000" <Adam50000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to post a message to the stationery news group.
    > I've subscribed but when I try to send a message I get an error
    > message that says "Message could not be sent. No sender(that's me)
    > was specified. Check your account configuration." How do I
    > configure the account?

    In OE go to Tools | Accounts and double click the account. Make sure that
    Name is filled in and that Email Address has a valid entry.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    It seems you aren't using newsgroups but MS's web portal to them. At least for this post but you give a news link??????

    If you are using IE go Tools - Accounts - Properties and fill in your email address.

    "Adam50000" <Adam50000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D91F814-66EB-4705-A19A-48E558EEF3A4@microsoft.com...
    > I'm trying to post a message to the stationery news group.
    > I've subscribed but when I try to send a message I get an error message that
    > says "Message could not be sent. No sender(that's me) was specified. Check
    > your account configuration." How do I configure the account?

Newsgroup Configuration Microsoft Windows XP